New York, NY
Posted Jul 1, 2022 - Requisition No. 105120
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do outstanding work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
The financial analyst will report directly to the Team Lead and be part of the Central FP&A team in Media. In this role, you will work closely with external and internal team members and business partners to implement consolidation of monthly financial results, including reporting, forecasting, budgeting and analysis. You must have a strong accounting background and organizational skills, be able to prioritize workflow and adhere to deadlines, and work independently.
We’ll trust you to:
- Assist with the consolidation of the monthly P&L, forecasts, budgets, five year plans and any ad hoc reporting requests
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly management reporting package and periodic presentations to management committee
- Establish business partner relationships with internal/external teams as well as key business contacts to provide operational support; work closely with business partners to provide analysis and recommendations for operational and strategic decisions
- Support corporate FP&A reporting requirements; inclusive of Flash, CFO decks, quarterly revenue reports, investment schedules
- Work with management to streamline current reporting processes and identify opportunities for efficiency
- Maintain Media support schedules such as SAP mapping file, General Ledger Maintenance tickets, Contingent Worker extension requests and Cost Center Governance log
- Ensure standards are applied consistently among the various media businesses and analyze consolidated data to identify and understand significant deviations from budget or forecast
- Prepare variance commentary and validate business drivers with internal team members
You’ll need to have:
- A BA/BS in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum 6-10 years of proven experience
- Demonstrated understanding of GAAP and relevant accounting standards
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting processes and ability to find opportunities for efficiency
- Team player with ability to deal with changing priorities
We’d love to see:
- Media Industry experience is helpful but not required
- Proficiency in SAP
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.