Financial Engineer - Enterprise Products
New York, NY
Posted May 15, 2023 - Requisition No. 116279
Bloomberg’s Financial Engineering Services team concentrates on offering premium structuring, valuation and risk services to our clients including cross-asset flexible, customizable tools and models that illustrate valuation transparency. Our models are fed with high-quality data giving our clients the context they need, so they can trade expertly and stay ahead of the markets.
As a Financial Engineer, we’ll expect you to:
- Interact with production clients on queries including price challenges, model/data validation requests, workflow testing, etc.
- Work with the sales team in new client engagements, often involving in-person client visits as well as conducting in-depth product testing and coverage checks/validation
- As a derivatives SME (Subject Matter Expert), collaborate with internal stakeholders, including quants, engineers, data/product owners and drive new enhancements in our valuation/data platform
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in derivatives, including market evolutions and new pricing methodologies
- Build custom scripts to price bespoke payoffs based on term sheets provided by clients. Financial Engineers with extensive coding experience may also be involved in building sophisticated pricing solutions in a rapid development environment
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of work experience in a front-office quantitative role or experience from a derivatives vendor*
- Proven understanding of derivatives models in at least one major asset class, including market conventions, vanilla/exotic options, and market practices regarding bespoke exotic valuation and hedging
- Proven effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
We’d love to see:
- Work experience in interest rate and/or credit derivatives
- Master's degree or PhD in STEM or quantitative finance
- Experience using Bloomberg, and other derivative pricing platforms
- Technical experience with financial libraries and a solid understanding of Windows/Unix/Linux systems
- Work experience in financial engineering, structuring, and/or trading OTC Derivatives/Structured Notes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, sophisticated and cross-asset environment
- Ability to work with multiple groups across reporting lines and collaborate across teams
- Familiarity with industry standard valuation models and "street practices" used for security valuation and portfolio risk analysis
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we will certainly consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills vital for the role.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
We'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 140,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus