Financial Products Recruitment Sourcing Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Feb 7, 2019 - Requisition No. 73540
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Who you are:
You are an energetic, commercial, creative and collaborative recruitment professional who believes that talent is the fuel that makes the business world go around. You know the financial services landscape and just how critical it is to find the right thinkers, doers, analysts, product managers, leaders and sales talent in order to compete in a marketplace of emergent platforms, products and personalities.
What you'll do:
The recruitment sourcing team has the responsibility to identify talent externally, manage the flow of candidates and successfully increase this through strategic sourcing, vacancy marketing, networking and brand building for Bloomberg LP. You will ensure a smooth recruitment process and work with business recruiting partners to ensure an improved hiring process.
Gaining knowledge of the range of vacancies, understanding of the departments and building relationships within the industry, you will become a credible asset, adding value to the recruitment process and different business lines at Bloomberg, specifically with our Financial Products business.
We’ll trust you to:
- Liaise with the Business Recruiting Partners and Business Managers to understand vacancy briefs and offer strategic advice
- Source candidates directly through internal and external industry networking, direct head hunting and various online recruiting tools
- Managing the recruitment process including; reviewing CVs, assessing candidate expertise via face-to-face meetings and phone calls
- Build a network in the market
- Stay on top of market and employment trends affecting the various groups across Financial Products
- Posting vacancies to appropriate websites to ensure a cost effective and successful recruitment marketing campaign for Bloomberg LP
- Creating and hosting career events including recruitment fairs/presentations and diversity/in-house events
- Working on ad hoc projects as required for the benefit of the global recruitment team
- Represent the Bloomberg brand in every interaction
You’ll need to have:
- Previous experience working in a research or recruitment position
- A strong understanding of the recruitment process within the financial services space
- Experience in using external networking tools and jobsites
- Proven behavioral interviewing skills and candidate assessment techniques
- Ability to capture and organize candidate and competitor data in a way that can be used most effectively
- Ability to execute on assignments and the aptitude to make decisions independently with limited information
- Demonstrated passion, compassion, and the ability to take ownership
We’d love to see:
- Evidence of not only knowing your way around state-of-the art recruiting methods and sourcing strategies, but having a couple of innovative tricks up your sleeve
- A keen interest in these markets
- A track record in mapping new markets and producing competitor intelligence reports
- Your understanding of what finance people are about and what kinds of roles they play and aspire to – in fact, we’d love it if you already know a bunch of these folks
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.