Financial Risk Manager
New York, NY
Posted Jan 24, 2020 - Requisition No. 80920
Who we are:
Bloomberg's Global Project Services establish, maintain and govern the frameworks (risk and controls management, ITGCs, project/portfolio management, end user adoption) utilized by the SAP Technology and Global Finance departments. We support SAP and all related technology including core enterprise, business warehouse and intelligent automation such as machine learning and robotic process automation as well processes including Order to Cash, Source to Pay, Hire to Retire, Payroll and Supply Chain.
What's the role?
We are seeking a Financial Risk Manager Position for our Global Project Services – Financial Risk Management team. In this role you'll interact daily with our financial operations departments (e.g. Accounting, Procurement, Supply Chain, and Payroll); serving as the second line of defense for your aligned process areas. You'll advise your stakeholders as it relates to financial risk and controls, ensure appropriate governance within our Financial Risk Framework, and provide guidance to the business as it relates to control automation and system security.
We’ll trust you to:
- Act as advisor to business partners in assessing risk and defining appropriate mitigation controls through activities including risk assessments, process flow and key control definition, RACMs
- Understand sensitive access and Segregation of Duties (SoD) risks within SAP applications and help guide SAP technology specialists and business partners to solutions that help mitigate that risk
- Partner with technology and operational scrum teams to ensure risk and controls are considered as changes occur in people, process, and technology
- Lead bi-annual controls self-assessment
- Partner with global process owners to identify controls automation opportunities using tools such as -SAP GRC Continuous Controls Monitoring and Blue Prism Robotics Process Automation
- Work with enterprise risk team to define KRIs and management reporting metrics to ensure inherently risky processes and key risk events are being appropriately monitored and escalated to leadership
- Work with risk management team to share knowledge and further mature our Financial Risk Management framework
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment requiring good judgment, flexibility and a hands-on approach
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of Financial or Operational Risk Management experience
- Hands-on Enterprise application experience (e.g. SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft)
- Confirmed ability to influence and lead with and without authority
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong planning, organization and problem solving skills
We’d love to see:
- Experience facilitating the development of risk flows and RACMs
- Experience building SoD and sensitive access rulesets
- Experience using GRC technology (SAP, Archer)
- A passion for new technology and ideas to support automation (e.g. machine learning, robotics process automation)
- Audit experience
- Working in an agile framework (Scrum)
- Understanding of Supply Chain processes
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.