Financial Specialist, Media - Finance & Administration
New York, NY
Posted Oct 24, 2022 - Requisition No. 110717
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do outstanding work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
The CFO team provides critical financial advisory to the product teams in support of the business. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to deliver a unique blend of financial and operational analysis, financial modelling, reporting and senior management support for a fast-paced and pioneering technology based financial services business. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer of Media, you will work closely with external and internal team members and business partners to implement, review and analysis of financial results and business performance, including reporting, forecasting, budgeting and KPI analysis.
We’ll trust you to:
- Partner with senior executives to review, develop and organize financial analysis and statements that accelerate the mission
- Work with product teams to understand their business plans and needs to help inform investment decisions and returns for the business
- Evaluation of business and execution plans for organic and inorganic growth opportunities
- Build and maintain models to analyze performance, develop forecast, inform strategy and evaluate investment initiatives and opportunities. Develop models that will support business concepts that evolve into business and execution plans
- Conduct rigorous analysis and research to provide detailed guidance and insight regarding the current business and future areas of expansion. Research adjacent markets and monitor competitors to identify best practices for the group
- Build and maintain industry contacts to source growth opportunities for Bloomberg Media. Establish business partner relationships with internal/external teams as well as key business contacts to provide operational support, analysis and recommendations for operational and strategic decisions
- Work with management to streamline current reporting processes and find opportunities for efficiency and cost management
- Organizing and preparing presentations, which explain industry trends, assessing clients' situations to provide the necessary financial advice and recommending strategies to meet client goals
- Work with partners focused on product marketing, analytics, sales and corporate teams to satisfy requests and meet compliance needs of the company
- Key contributor to operational improvement initiatives and implementation of new financial and business operational systems
- Ensure standards are applied consistently among the various media businesses and analyze consolidated data to identify and understand significant deviations from budget or forecast
You’ll need to have:
- 7+ years of experience in financial analysis
- A BA/BS in Finance or related field
- Ability to identify problems, understand the root cause, make recommendations and drive to a solution
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence outcomes of issues and projects
- Experience carrying out complex work with autonomy and make decisions within scope of responsibilities
- Team player who can work across multiple departments and levels within the company
We’d love to see:
- Media Industry experience
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 155,000 - 205,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus