Fixed Asset Accountant – Capital Planning & Fixed Asset Team
New York, NY
Posted Mar 18, 2021 - Requisition No. 89637
We are seeking an Accountant to support Bloomberg’s premier fixed asset business. You will be responsible for providing critical analysis, reporting and support of fixed assets for multiple lines of businesses across the organization. You possess a proactive approach, attention to detail and are resourceful which is essential to effectively respond to issues and requests by our key business partners.
We’ll trust you to:
- Month end close process related to fixed assets
- Preparing monthly/quarterly/annual reports and footnotes in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Preparing audit schedules and support to satisfy local and statutory audit requests
- Collaborating with CFO teams and operational teams across the organization in order to resolve asset recordation issues and enforcement of BLP Capital Policy
- Contributing to process improvement initiatives and identifying requirements for enhancements to existing systems
- General analysis/problem solving and developing creative solutions
- Having a general understanding of client’s business and overall financial performance
- Communicating with members of senior management and CFO teams on a periodic basis
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- 3-5 years of experience
- Superior Microsoft Excel skills. Proficiency in SAP or similar system is helpful
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead projects
- Previous experience working with senior management
- Team player with ability to deal with changing priorities
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.