Fixed Income / Credit Research Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Jul 6, 2021 - Requisition No. 91997
Bloomberg’s Fixed Income product team is responsible for building and developing the Bloomberg Terminal functions run by tens of thousands of financial professionals. We are looking for a skilled Fixed Income analyst to help us develop prototypes for new analytic functions using our python based development environment (BQNT).
The right candidate will be interested in corporate credit with a focus on generating and supporting insights with a mix of fundamental and quantitative approaches. The candidate should be comfortable working with a range of functional groups including credit research teams, software engineers and global data groups that support Fixed Income content across Bloomberg’s products and services.
The analysis will be based on all the content available within the Bloomberg terminal including Bloomberg Bond Indices, Bloomberg Valuation (BVAL) bond prices, Bloomberg's portfolio analysis tools and third party data providers (e.g., ratings).
We'll trust you to:
- Actively contribute to the product team’s management of existing terminal functions
- Interact regularly with clients via our online messaging systems, telephone and client visits
- Conceptualize, construct and maintain python based prototypes using Bloomberg’s BQNT system
- Help to identify, support and maintain critical data and functionality on the Bloomberg terminal
- Communicate requirements to our engineering and global data teams- support the product development process
You need to have:
- 3-5+ years of Financial market research/analysis work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Sophisticated knowledge of Excel and Python/SQL. Experience with Bloomberg is a plus
- Fundamental knowledge of finance and investment principles and a curiosity about current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting Fixed Income markets
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in a quantitative field
We'd love to see:
- Previous work experience with or knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal
- Experience with software development/product management process (e.g., Agile, Scrum)
If this sounds like you, please apply, and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender.