Foreign Exchange (FX) Market Specialist, Specialist Sales – Bloomberg Financial Solutions
New York, NY
Posted Nov 15, 2023 - Requisition No. 121621
Bloomberg is a global leader in business and financial information, news and insight, and we use innovative technology to deliver trusted data and bring transparency to the financial markets. Our customers around the globe rely on us for the information and tools they need to make critical investment decisions and remain connected across all sides of the financial community. And, to ensure the best experience for our 20,000+ employees across 176 offices globally, we provide the spaces and systems that allow our teams to work together with agility, productivity and collaboration, no matter where they are.
The Bloomberg Financial Solutions department of 5,000+ employees is at the forefront of ensuring success for our customers and employees alike. Our team comprises several key pillars: sales, service, operations, culture and brand. As a department, we are united by a common goal: We create meaningful relationships with clients by understanding their needs and delivering exceptional end-to-end support from sales and implementation, through their ongoing relationship with Bloomberg.
The Market Specialist team within Financial Solutions serves as the financial market and workflow experts at Bloomberg. The team has deep asset class knowledge, deep understanding of client workflows and Bloomberg's product offerings. This is a client-facing, sales focused role, collaborating closely with various departments across Sales and Product teams to build and implement strategies to retain, maintain, and grow revenue. Engagement with key financial players across the front, middle and back-office are vital in this role. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter, comfortable in a demanding, client focused environment.
What's the role?
On any given day as a Market Specialist, you will be consulting with senior decision makers at client accounts, helping to close new sale opportunities, and providing critical feedback to help shape the development of our product. By championing the Bloomberg Professional Service at market events and through printed material, you become the face of our company!
Comprised of former traders, portfolio managers, sales representatives, analysts, and more, our team of market specialists serve as the de facto market and asset class authorities. Our team not only heightens our user base’s experience and impacts sales revenue, but it also plays a vital role in improving the knowledge of our sales force and is a dedicated source of client feedback for our product development teams.
We will trust you to:
- Engage and partner with Sales Leaders to address markets and design plans to help guide sales to promote new and/or existing products, with the intention to target revenue growth, retention, and increase product adoption
- Establish a strategic roadmap of initiatives that align with department and firm-wide goals
- Define key performance indicators as well as maintain check-in points, and self-report successes and challenges on these strategies
- Provide internal training, produce collateral, and drive insights for Enterprise Sales that anticipate and address client needs
- Communicate the strategy for your market and/or asset class in coordination with partners across Bloomberg
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the competitor landscape, market structure, and industry trends that impact our product and how this impacts internal and external customers
- Influence the direction of Bloomberg product through thought leadership, contribution of innovative ideas, and establishing relationships between Bloomberg's decisions makers and our clients
- Provide feedback to product managers on user demand, market practices, and product enhancements
- Understand the product pipeline, effectively communicate it to our customers, and in partnership with Sales help prioritize product enhancements or amendments to business plans
- Understand our products functionality, how your clients can and could use it, what challenges they face and how our product will solve their challenges
- Act in an advisory capacity to our clients and prospects around the challenges that they face, and how they can or could use our solutions, products, and technology to solve and create added value for them
- Grow an external network of market participants, regulatory and trade associations, government relations, etc.
- Actively participate in hosted or third-party events to drive thought leadership and brand building representing the business
- Provide webinars/seminars, internal training, produce collateral, and drive insights for client solutions that anticipate and address client needs
- Use your strong market experience, detailed knowledge of industry trends and demonstrated technical skills to assist in generating revenue for our Terminal, Enterprise Data, and Enterprise
- Protect existing revenue by actively engaging with existing clients, which includes on-site visits, training, and providing client feedback to support and influence product development
- Forecast and manage an accurate 30-, 60-, and 90-day pipeline of opportunities
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 10 years of practical experience working across financial services with a deep technical understanding of the Foreign Exchange Markets
- Excellent understanding of the Sales Cycle, Objection Handing and Consultative Sales
- Thorough knowledge and experience of the BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL® service, and familiarity with other relevant market information platforms
- Strong presentation and training skills with the ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small
- Business insight required to use your knowledge & experience to make good judgement and quick decisions to tangibly impact the commercial success of our business
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills, with the capacity to influence decisions and deliver results in a timely manner
- Willingness to travel in continental North America
We’d love to see:
- Experience with desktop API tools and strong Microsoft Excel skills
- A collaborative mindset and ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles or structure
- An extensive network of deep client relationships, and ties to applicable professional organizations, societies, and associations
What’s It Like To Work Here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. But it isn’t all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives from helping local school kids with their reading to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
What is Bloomberg?: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/stories/what-is-bloomberg/
View our Benefits: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/employee-benefits/united-states/?tactic-page=588601
Does This Sound Like You?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 185,000 - 275,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus