The Foundational Data team is responsible for critical technology and business logic that forms the underpinning of the Bloomberg platform. We cover Companies, Governments, Agencies, Municipalities, Indices, Corporate Actions and all related securities and descriptive data … and the access to that content – the true Foundation of our product.
As a Product Manager you will own the product roadmap; you will interact with sales, application specialists, clients, engineers, data collection professionals and senior management; your primary job will be to prioritize the allocation of technical and data resources to meet an ever-shifting set of business and market-driven priorities. The job requires you to have project management, business judgement financial acumen, market expertise and technical skills – particularly with respect to data and conceptual data modeling.
We’ll trust you to:
- Contribute meaningfully to the analysis, evaluation and product vision of the Bloomberg Foundational Data Product
- Utilize knowledge of the market, competitor products and the regulatory environment to identify opportunities to differentiate and develop new products and solutions
- Work closely with customers, prospects, and Bloomberg’s sales force to understand customer needs and to identify and prioritize product development initiatives
- Be responsible for product backlog, product specification and prioritization
- Express Bloomberg’s Foundational Data product strategy in well thought-out, innovative and intuitive product designs while working regularly with Bloomberg’s engineering department to drive and oversee the development of the product
You’ll need to have:
- 5 + years of experience working as a financial analyst, investment banker, management consultant or similar where one would gain deep knowledge of data-driven financial analysis workflow; and/or
- 5 + years of experience working in overseeing product development from a business level and working effectively with programmers to build and deliver a world-class product to customers
- Expert knowledge of how foundational data is used by different financial market participants
- The ability to present a business plan, communicate objectives clearly and lead team through execution
- The capability to closely collaborate with other peers in product, engineering, sales and support
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.