Freelance Audio Operator (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Aug 16, 2021 - Requisition No. 93266
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg Media Group is seeking a freelance Audio Operator to join our control room team to mix our live broadcast in a 24/7 broadcast environment at our World Headquarters in New York City.
We'll trust you to:
- Operate all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned control rooms at an advanced level, including but not limited to: audio mixing consoles, intercom devices (RTS), broadcast routers (Grass Valley), microphones, IFB's, etc, demonstrating a strong understanding of signal flows and mix-minus along the way.
- Comfortable mixing multiple studio anchors, reporters and guests as well as remote guests and feeds, music, and sound on tape
- Able to manipulate EQ, gain, compression, and delay settings for any audio source
- Review live broadcast rundowns during pre-production, assign all anchor and guest microphone and IFBs as well as create and assign mix/minus feeds to each IFB
- Monitor battery levels and troubleshoot issues with studio team and engineers, maintain show memories, RTS pages and show music
- Communicate all relevant audio needs to control room and studio floor colleagues via RTS during live production
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of 1 year serving in A1 role as part of a live TV production crew or related experience
- Advanced knowledge of audio signal flow concepts, dynamic processing, equalizers, microphones and IFBs (Lectrosonics)
- Advanced knowledge of audio boards (Calrec Artemis) and audio mixing
- Demonstrated understanding with RTS system (KP-12/KP-32) or related broadcast communications intercom hardware
- A high level of accuracy in high-pressure moments under strict timelines in live broadcast environment
- Acute attention to detail, problem solves and troubleshoots using effective communication to best convey any issues needing resolution
- Well-rounded experience in a live production environment
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Willingness to work days, nights, overnights, weekends and holidays
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org