Full Stack Engineer - Desktop API
New York, NY
Posted May 11, 2020 - Requisition No. 78870
The Bloomberg Desktop API (DAPI) provides a powerful suite of tools bundled with the Bloomberg Professional service. This allows our clients to access market data, historical data, reference data, etc via desktop applications (such as Microsoft Excel) and do their own analytics. Our team builds state-of-the-art software for DAPI product management, configuration, customer service, and usage analysis. Using AI Deep Learning, we assist product and risk teams to perform risk assessment and facilitate compliance via proper client workflows and upgrades to enterprise products. As part of our team, you will be exposed to a variety of domains and technologies, learn continuously, and contribute new ideas starting day one. We deliver software for both front-end and back-end.
Our day-to-day work includes a wide range of development opportunities, from brainstorming to design to coding. There are lots of new developments coming in the DAPI area to continue promoting the sales of Bloomberg terminals and to properly manage this usage to ensure it’s compliant. We are building a flexible framework for premium metering and continuing to enhance the risk assessment model; these offer ways for Bloomberg to manage, configure, and upsell premium data content.
We'll trust you to:
- Create C++ and/or Python services on Linux
- Work with various database technologies including Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, and Bloomberg proprietary COMDB2
- Script complex stored procedures
- Work across multiple teams in Engineering to enhance interconnected systems
- Communicate and interact with product managers and end users
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years programming experience in C++ or Python
- Experience building flexible and maintainable software components and framework using object-oriented design and design patterns
- Experience working with UIs
- Ability to learn on the fly, the desire to share ideas and be a team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An undergraduate or post-graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field (or equivalent expertise)
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with T-SQL, experience developing stored procedures, performing optimization and query tuning, and designing databases
- Familiarity with Linux, a working knowledge of Linux/UNIX shell scripting
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in working with business/customer to identify and understand business needs, analyze and normalize workflow, ramp up and create solutions
- Familiarity with Agile and full SDLC, particularly evaluating business / client requirements to redesign existing systems better meet needed workflows
We are extremely proud of our diverse and open culture, and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of power users around the world. If this sounds like you, please apply below!
Sound interesting? Apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.