Full Stack Engineer - Entitlements and Reporting System - Consultant
New York, NY
Posted Jun 14, 2021 - Requisition No. 91425
The EMRS team builds state-of-the-art software to support product implementation and client-facing tools that allow clients to manage their data distribution, users, applications and respective permissions. Our highly-scalable solutions offer efficient, customizable and innovative alternatives to clients. We are solving old problems in a new way and bringing balanced competition to a well-established market. Our primary technical stack is React, NodeJS, Python / Flask. Our enterprise software makes up part of one of the fastest growing areas of Bloomberg (Enterprise Technology - Real-time), and we work directly with clients on the groundbreaking of financial technology.
As a consultant on the team, we'll trust you to:
- Work independently on our backend consolidation project
- Improve and troubleshoot our Python backend
- Port functionality from legacy C++ to Python as needed
- Collaborate within an Agile, multi-disciplinary, fast-moving team
- Communicate and interact with product managers and end users
You’ll need to have:
- Ability to understand C++ for porting and troubleshooting
- Solid grasp of databases
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field or equivalent industry experience
We’d love to see:
- Experience working in full stack environments and web frameworks
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience with Oracle Database
- Strong experience in C++
- Proven experience with CI/CD and testing frameworks
At Bloomberg, we are extremely proud of our diverse, open, and inclusive culture. We value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of financial institutions and decision makers around the world.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.