Full Stack Engineer - Network Operations
New York, NY
Posted Jun 25, 2019 - Requisition No. 75756
Our Network Operations Programming and Reporting team consists of highly trained data experts specializing in building business intelligence applications and tools. Managers and business leaders across the enterprise depend on these tools to make intelligent decisions, and manage the day to day operations of the Bloomberg network. We work within the Network Operations department which is directly responsible for the performance and maintenance of Bloomberg's global private network, one of the largest private networks in the world.
What’s in it for you:
As a Full Stack Engineer on the team you will be involved in high level business strategy and planning. Our customers will trust you to implement their ideas and you'll do it using the latest and greatest technology. Collaborating with developers, business leaders and product owners you'll come up with innovative and creative solutions for complex problems. You'll use various open source and proprietary technologies to build informative, intuitive and creative UI/UX experiences, as well as compliant workflow architecture. On our team, you'll get to touch everything from programming/scripting, core networking, business planning & reporting, tool development and delivering creative solutions to problems presented by the business.
You’ll Need to Have:
- Bachelor/Masters in Computer Science or related discipline/equivalent work experiences
- PHP/Perl, MySQL or similar relational databases
- Multi-tasking skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Fluent in all Microsoft Office tools
We'd Love to See:
- Experience of full life cycle experience with both custom development and packaged application deployment
- Project Management Experience
- Business Analyst experience
- Business/Management Experience
- A working understanding of WANs, LANs, TCP/IP and associated networking (routers, hubs and switches)
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.