The Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI) is the world’s only comprehensive investment-quality data source on gender equality. The Bloomberg GEI was created to bring transparency to the opaque arena of social data. Investors and companies increasingly rely on environmental, social and governance (ESG) information to evaluate reputation, risk and performance, and the GEI arms both parties with standardized, comparative information that is not available anywhere else. The index considers internal company statistics, employee policies, external community support and engagement, and gender-conscious product offerings.
As Project Manager for the Gender-Equality Index, you will be responsible for the execution and oversight of the index- from start to finish. The index is launched in January each year, so over the course of the year you’ll be responsible for engaging with companies for survey data submissions. You’ll research firms and identify new opportunities to increase participation in the index. You’ll maintain highly accurate company profile and contact data for each firm. You’ll conduct quality assurance testing and score submissions to determine index membership. You’ll iterate our survey process by updating and creating the questions and data fields - analyzing the data for insights and trends. You will partner with communications and marketing to heighten the visibility of the index.
We'll trust you to:
- Represent the GEI product internally and to external audiences.
- Ensure the quality of all data submissions through close analysis of survey responses and company filings.
- Analyze gender equality data for trends and highlights.
- Communicate with companies on a daily basis over email and phone.
- Establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Research and collect contact information for a wide range of companies, and maintain accurate database of existing participating firms.
- Speak at events and other public engagements to promote the index.
- Lead product demonstrations and illustrate how the index and underlying data is used.
You will need to have:
- 2 to 3 years of professional experience, working closely with data in a client-facing role.
- Strong project management skills: strategic thinking, setting deadlines, and leading the execution of tasks both independently and collectively with a group.
- Proficiency in excel: ability to manage large spreadsheets, use API formulas for data, conduct vlookups, analyze and aggregate data results, and similar skills related to data management and analysis.
- An engaging presentation style that is equally articulate and compelling.
- Demonstrated and exceptional relationship building and business development skills.
- Deep market knowledge and understanding of company fundamentals.
- Acute attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Dedication to the product and its success.
- A passion for Diversity & Inclusion and/or Corporate Sustainability.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
We'd love to see:
- Advanced Bloomberg Terminal knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of gender/sustainability related data.
- Prior experience in data management.
- Understanding of financial markets and sustainable investing.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.