Global Chief Revenue Officer
New York, NY
Posted May 24, 2022 - Requisition No. 103909
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
The Head of Bloomberg Media Advertising Sales (Global CRO) will lead global advertising revenues across all media platforms. This will include digital, digital video, linear TV, audio, events, custom content and programmatic revenues. The position will oversee a team of 5 Direct Reports and total team of approximately 70 working in our cross platform sales organization.
The peers to this role are: global head of marketing, global head of custom content, global head of research, global head of events and Bloomberg New Economy.
The global CRO will be responsible for scaling revenues in all regions of the world, setting in place a business strategy to ensure that the various regional team revenue goals are optimized and achieved. In this capacity, this position will work closely with company leaders to identify strategic revenue opportunities that will lead to increased market share and profitability. The CRO will be accountable for opening up doors with senior clients and agency leaders and will help close large partnerships. This hire will develop and implement both short- and long-term sales strategies and lead operational excellence as it relates to customer service. They will also be responsible for developing strategies to exploit opportunities and mitigate risks presented by changes in technology and the competitive landscape.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Lead all areas of global advertising sales and brand partnerships (including programmatic)
- Develop and implement mapping strategies and organizational design to best meet changing customer needs; Identify needs and requirements of prospects & customers, including budgetary cycles and decision-makers and influencers.
- Develop sales goals and objectives with a focus on accuracy, predictability and transparency: including sales volume, compensation programs, cost of sales, profitability, and provide accurate forecasts of annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams. Lead budget process for different regional businesses.
- Contribute to and manage oversight of sales enablement strategy and tools – including CRM and other technology products – to support sales process.
- Empower, hire and lead outstanding team that can deliver revenue performance and bring strategic opportunities and relationships to the Company.
- Inform product, partnerships, engineering and research/data priorities in order to achieve long-term strategy and return on investment. Ensure technology and product sets are market-leading; troubleshoot any issues; anticipate, identify and form solutions to problems which may arise.
- Develop & launch new sales and marketing efforts and lead the expansion into special marketplaces (TV and digital Upfronts/Newfronts) and new categories.
- Work closely across departments to ensure that opportunities are fully developed and that resources of the Company are available to support customer requirements.
- Develop packaging and pricing strategies (in conjunction with the head of revenue operations) that enhance revenue from all assets, from on-site display to TV to digital video and audio.
- Develop innovative new advertising offerings in collaboration with marketing, product, and editorial
- Collaborate with other divisions of Bloomberg LP, outside of Bloomberg Media, to identify new initiatives that can be taken to market.
DESIRED PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 15+ years of experience in senior level sales, including senior level sales management with experience in developing and implementing associated client marketing initiatives.
- Experience implementing & scaling revenue operations within the digital space (at either a platform or publisher).
- Deep personal experience selling numerous media platforms including digital and streaming video.
- Experience leading team revenue goals of $100+ million.
- Global experience in sales leadership position with either a media company or a platform.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue and profitability targets.
- Strong network across clients and agencies, including with decision makers in video buying and history of doing 8-figure deals with brands. Strong relationships with senior level marketers and agency decision makers.
- Experience collaborating with product, engineering, and editorial teams to build innovative advertising offerings.
- Deep understanding of major tech and competitive trends shaping digital media and advertising.
- Track record of developing and deploying creative solutions to capture opportunities.
- Leadership – easily move others to action by planning, organizing, motivating and empowering.
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skills and the ability to make decisions informed with data.
- Goal and team oriented – naturally motivated to reach goals through strong teamwork.
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills – an innate ability to channel different points of view; Able to establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly; Build team atmosphere with internal staff while achieving key objectives.
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character.
- Expert communicator and presenter.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com).