Global Data - Content Specialist - Research Acquisition
New York, NY
Posted Aug 5, 2019 - Requisition No. 76477
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're responsible for supplying it. Our Content Acquisition and Business Management team (CABM) is all about capturing and integrating data to provide our customers with the information they need. The department is comprised of several teams including: Pricing, Research, Exchanges, Product Development, Contracts, and Market Structure. We onboard an incredible amount of content so it's imperative that it is discoverable, compliant, done in an efficient manner, and compliments other Bloomberg products.
Our Content team is responsible for acquiring and managing equity/credit research content and data from the sell-side and independent research providers which is then made available to our client base. For the buyside, who use Bloomberg daily, having the ability to access research content in one place makes their lives easier and more efficient. It also helps them make more informed investment decisions. For the sell-side/independent research houses, being able to deliver their content in a place that their clients actively operate ensures greater readership and return on their distribution efforts.
What’s the role?
We have an exciting opportunity for a driven professional like you, to join the team in New York. Using your existing knowledge of buy-side and sell-side research workflows, we’ll be relying on you to play a pivotal role in further expanding and enhancing our research content and data. You will work alongside Senior account managers to maintain and expand content and technical integration of existing and new providers.
You'll be given the autonomy to continue to build the research product working with major sell-side, buy-side, independent research institutions and with data contributors.
We’ll trust you to:
- Consult brokers and 3rd party data contributors on the value proposition to submit content to Bloomberg
- Expand and enhance our Research, Estimates, and Corporate Access content on the Bloomberg Terminal
- Build strong relationships with Heads of Research, Heads of Sales, and COOs within Sell-side and Independent research firms, as well as Buy-side firms
- Facilitate partnerships with content producers so as to improve the quality of content contributed to the terminal and to help deepen the overall relationship with Bloomberg
- Collaborate with internal and external clients to identify gaps and opportunities within our coverage
- Negotiate contracts with third party data providers to help build a scale-able on-boarding approach and optimize the visibility of this content on our systems
- Work closely with internal business units to clearly define our clients’ research & data requirements and position our content offering to our users
- Solve to overcome technical contribution hurdles and obstacles
You’ll need to have:
- Understanding Buy-Side/Sell-Side Research workflows and related Bloomberg core applications
- Demonstrable experience in working with research and research technology player-types on either buy or sell-side
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and action data to further business interests
- Strong track-record of building strong senior-level/decision maker relationships
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Quick learner and driven to find answers without being given a lot of detail or instructions
- Ability to lead multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities quickly
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and client servicing skills
- Possesses an "all hands on deck" attitude
We’d love to see:
- Prior experience in sales, relationship management and/or business development
- Familiarity with financial data and technical infrastructure to release new products.
- Working knowledge of a Bloomberg terminal
- General interest in structurally changing landscape of research and regulatory developments impacting the industry
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.