Global Exchange Relationship Management Team Lead
New York, NY
Posted Apr 28, 2023 - Requisition No. 115926
Bloomberg runs on data and the Data department is responsible for acquiring and supplying data, news and analytics to our clients for their financial data needs. We collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal; the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes, all whilst providing platinum customer support to our clients.
The Exchanges team supports over 350 trading venues globally and is constantly looking to improve our capability to effectively manage our market-leading exchange content. Our Content Relationship Managers (CRMs) are responsible for establishing and maintaining Bloomberg’s commercial relationship with our exchange content partners. They are the experts in Bloomberg's exchange data offering and work closely with exchanges and internal partners in order to define and develop our exchange data strategy. They have a deep understanding of the market landscape and regulatory frameworks in which their exchanges operate and utilize this understanding – alongside insights generated through our business intelligence tools – to identify and pursue new engagement opportunities between the exchanges, regulators and Bloomberg to enhance our product offering.
The Content Acquisition’s Exchanges & Data Model (EDM) group is seeking a Team Leader for our global team of CRMs. Reporting to the Global Head of EDM, you will lead a team of global employees and help deliver strategies that drive commercial results and operational excellence. We are looking for an outstanding leader and experienced market professional who has a comprehensive understanding of all asset classes, market structure and relevant financial regulatory frameworks, and an ability to bring an entrepreneurial vision to the team. In addition to day-to-day leadership support, you will be responsible for coaching, mentoring and training the team, and coordinating talent development efforts with global counterparts to promote shared best practices.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be a strong and dedicated leader who can communicate a clear vision about where the department is heading and how you’re going to get there together
- Lead, mentor, develop and challenge an inclusive team of experienced CRMs
- Have a workforce plan that maximizes the skills of the team, fosters collaboration and encourages diversity
- Act as a point of escalation and face off to key partners and C-Suite at the exchanges, while building trusted and collaborative relationships with key internal partners across -Legal, Third Party Contracts, Government Relations, Core Product, Enterprise, Sales and Data teams
- Develop strategies to influence and advise the strategic direction of Bloomberg's exchange market data offering
- Analyze and leverage business intelligence to advise your decision-making
- Occasional travel is required
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of direct or indirect leadership experience (for example leading projects, mentoring people, etc.)
- Market data experience in the financial services industry, including exchanges, market data providers or financial institutions
- Ability to align your team’s goals to the fast-changing landscape of real-time market data, reference data and technology, and the ability to implement a business and people strategy which responds dynamically to the ever-evolving needs of the market
- Positive relationship management and negotiation skills and experience dealing with senior business executives
- Understanding of the constantly evolving commercial models of exchanges and data vendors, as well as the technical and regulatory landscapes in which they operate
- A proven track record to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and partners
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy, and demonstrated ability in managing competing priorities
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to context switch often and effectively and deliver against aggressive targets
- Experience analyzing workflows and removing organizational barriers to improve cross-team collaboration and efficiency
We’d love to see:
- Familiarity with market data licensing/redistribution policies
- Knowledge of Bloomberg data products and how they translate into the needs of our customers
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 150,000 - 180,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus