Graphic Designer (Report Specialist) - Contract
New York, NY
Posted Jan 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 99607
The Studio is Bloomberg's in-house creative group. We work on assignments for digital, print, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects. The Studio has outstanding writing, design, production and content capabilities. Our creative team has a strong hands-on and highly collaborative approach to both campaign concept development and graphic design systems. The team ensures ideas are realized to world class standard execution. The Studio drives projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, rolling out campaigns both internally and externally. The team works across a global workflow, with staff in all our major offices.
The Bloomberg Studio is looking for an outstanding graphic designer with experience in editorial design and annual reports. You will collaborate with art directors, copywriters and the digital team to implement layout design, graphs, and infographics. This role requires a strong understanding of asset production for digital, long form editorial design, and experience creating charts and infographics. The ability to complete quick edits and proofreader changes in a fast paced environment is crucial.
We will trust you to:
- Bring a strong sense of design with skills in graphic design, typography, and photography
- Sharp attention to detail. You will be trusted to address stakeholder feedback in a timely manner.
- Work within a defined but multifaceted visual/brand system
- A deep understanding of creative execution. Work with vendors, and developers, seeing complicated jobs through production
- Make design decisions in real-time to drive progress
- Have knowledge and experience in production design with the ability to build and submit mechanical files for both print & digital and liaise with production vendors
You will need to have:
- A portfolio that demonstrates outstanding editorial design and report layout work
- Expertise in crafting annual reports, data visualization and infographics
- Strong operating knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Adobe InDesign
- Outstanding attention to detail - we have a zero-tolerance policy for typos
- Proficient in speaking the language of print and digital production. Able to effectively communicate with creatives from other subject areas, design concepts and creative work to business partners
- Strong print and digital experience. Digital report design experience required
We’d love to see:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to receive and interpret complex or undefined creative briefs, present ideas creatively and effectively to high-level partners
- Previous experience in the Institutional / Sustainability / NGO world is desired
- An easy-going attitude, calm under pressure and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.