Global Head of Ad Product & Innovation
New York, NY
Posted Apr 8, 2019 - Requisition No. 74524
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
The Head of Ad Product Innovation & Programmatic is responsible for setting the monetization strategy and vision across direct and programmatic channels. As part of the larger Global Advertising Operations team, you will lead Bloomberg’s Ad Product & Programmatic Operations teams providing leadership and oversight of our ideation and development pipeline along with the team’s long term technology and partnership strategy. Success will be defined by leveraging the synergies between teams in partnering with sales, product, engineering and the broader ad operations team to define a product road-map that drives engagement and revenue.
You will identify creative solutions to difficult problems, effectively communicating with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to build consensus for your team’s ideas. A partner to sales, media planning and marketers, you will not only generate ideas but also play a critical role in guiding the go-to-market strategy and execution across Bloomberg’s most important lines of digital business.
We will trust you to:
- Set a vision for our ad product and programmatic strategy, drawing heavily on a strong command of our metrics and goals
- Coach and mentor a high performing team of product managers, developers, designers and programmatic operations to lead their strategic areas successfully
- Identify new digital monetization opportunities from industry trends and challenges, and perform market/competitive analysis to inform product decisions and roadmap
- Partner with our pricing, planning and sales groups to strategize and develop products that improve utilization across all Bloomberg advertising revenue streams
- Coordinate with Global Head of Ad Operations to set development priorities deploying across Product Managers and Engineers
- Partner with sales to articulate to clients the value of Bloomberg’s ad product suite and how they can drive success for their business
- Proactively ensure that the sales and operations teams are educated on new and innovative strategies and continually inspire teams to raise the bar strategically, creatively and operationally
- Acts as an internal expert on programmatic business trends, new technologies and best practices
- Focus on deploying and maintaining best-in-class programmatic technology solutions by testing partners via header bidding and enhanced platform capabilities
- Be seen as a thought leader in the ad community for programmatic and ad product strategy
- Manage, maintain, and grow our relationships with ad exchanges and supply side platforms (SSPs)
- Define and consistently measure quantifiable success for both product and programmatic teams
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in product development and/or programmatic strategy, preferably with a publisher or working with publishers
- You are the type of person who takes intelligent risks when looking for novel and creative solutions to complex problems
- Creative thinker that is willing to challenge the norm to improve product offerings and drive incremental revenue
- Experience with and knowledge of programmatic advertising and automated buying technologies (preferably working for a publisher)
- Excellent influencing skills and a proven collaborator; ability to work successfully with both direct and indirect teams across the organization
- A strong command of the ad technology landscape and its role in the broader advertising and marketing ecosystem
- Strong presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Ability to effectively multi-task with strong time management and organizational skills
- Experience working in a dynamic environment
- Ability to maintain strong professional relationships internally and externally
- Digital experience required; TV, Print or Radio experience a plus
Does this sound like you?
Apply via our careers website! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.