Global Head of Audience Development, Advertising
New York, NY
Posted Jul 21, 2021 - Requisition No. 92572
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Bloomberg Quicktake to Bloomberg Green.
Are you fascinated by content and how it captures the imagination and attention of audiences?
We are looking for a Head of Audience Development for the advertising department who will be responsible for advising on and executing best-in-class distribution strategies for commercial content. This person will be a critical partner to our Ad Sales, Editorial, Client Services, Creative and Planning & Campaign Management teams to ensure the continued growth and commercialization of our social offerings and off-platform reach. A strong candidate will also have a keen understanding of what makes social content compelling, and an ability to create and tell stories.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Focus on audience growth across all Bloomberg Media commercial audience touch points, including but not limited to social media, third-party distributors and partnerships
- Oversee a team that handles paid social strategy (predominantly on Facebook), campaign setup and implementation, and publishing for a portfolio of social media accounts as well as the development of new social ad products
- Evaluate performance of ongoing campaigns and recommend optimizations as needed to maximize client investment
- Analyze post-campaign performance to produce thoughtful client reports and recommendations for future initiatives
- Work closely with our Ad Sales, Editorial, Client Services, Creative and Planning & Campaign Management teams — among others — to connect and promote commercial work to audiences everywhere
- Ensure our Client Marketing, Planning & Campaign Management, Client Services and Creative teams are up to speed on distribution best practices to create the most compelling and engaging custom content programs
- Collaborate with Trade Marketing & Events and Comms on social content development and curation to promote trade events and efforts
- Be laser focused on KPIs and bring analytical rigor to our custom content operation
- Stay current on evolving and emerging social media platforms, distribution tactics and first-to-market opportunities
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- 10 years of audience development or paid media experience
- Experience managing and building a high-performing team
- Deep understanding of audience behavior, engagement strategies and platform best practices, both traditional and emerging
- Expertise leveraging Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, ChartBeat, YouTube Analytics and similar tools to develop insights and optimization recommendations
- Ability to build client and vendor relationships
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once, with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to accurately and concisely share ideas, objectives and results with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with limited guidance
If this sounds like you, apply today!
We're eager to speak with you. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.