Global Head of Audience Engagement
New York, NY
Posted Aug 31, 2016 - Requisition No. 53868
Bloomberg Digital is looking for a seasoned, innovative leader to join our team as the Global Head of Audience Engagement. This editorial role oversees the vision, strategy, and people that power the distribution of Bloomberg's journalism and the growth of our audience. Working closely with counterparts throughout the newsroom and across the business, the Global Head of Audience Engagement is a key member of a multi-disciplinary group of Bloomberg leaders responsible for exploring the future of journalism and the media business.
The ideal candidate is also an experienced performer in a digital newsroom; she or he is someone who is comfortable with making lots of decisions very quickly and who understands the tools, trends, platforms, and processes behind the most modern strategies for telling stories on the web. The job requires a commitment to the best journalistic practices, impeccable judgment under fire, great taste, and a willingness to take risks.
The Global Head of Audience Engagement is positive, energetic, and most importantly collaborative and entrepreneurial. The ideal candidate is a person who innately understands the role and potential of technology in the newsroom, but also possesses a deep appreciation for the ideals of traditional media.
Competitive candidates possess:
- 5+ years in a senior role driving audience development at a top tier digital publisher, preferably with experience managing a global team
- Expertise in social tools, analytics, paid social media, content strategies, and platforms (both user facing and editorial / analytical)
- A deep understanding of the modern newsroom and editorial teams
- The ability to work with executive management in the newsroom and the board room, to include exceptional presentation skills and sharp business acumen
- The ability to lead initiatives to maximize return on investment
- Global expertise in social platforms and audiences in regions around the world
- A professional obsession with modern social platforms as they evolve
- A deep understanding of Bloomberg's position in the marketplace and competitors' strategies
- Expert understanding of emerging global audience trends and the ability to transform those insights into action in the newsroom
- Increase the loyalty of our existing audience and introduce Bloomberg to the audience of the future. Additionally, you will:
- Strengthen our relationships with relevant social platforms and Bloomberg's performance on them
- Develop detailed growth strategies and implement innovative programs to grow Bloomberg's influence and audience
- Collaborate with teams in business development and product marketing to develop strategies to engage new audiences across all digital platforms
- Continually evaluate and adjust our tools and methods
- Collaborate with the newsroom, analytics, and product marketing teams to distribute our journalism to the right people, at the right times, in the right formats, on the right platforms
- Identify and develop social talent and build social media expertise within Bloomberg