Global Head of Bloomberg Live
New York, NY
Posted Dec 7, 2021 - Requisition No. 98478
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen!
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
We're looking for an experienced and dynamic media professional to take on a global leadership role of Bloomberg Live, our thriving events division. This role will report directly to the Global Chief Commercial Officer. The role will be based in New York.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Manage a global team comprising sales, audience, marketing, production and finance disciplines while also working very closely with the Bloomberg Live editors.
- Be responsible for managing the P&L of the business.
- Work closely with the Bloomberg Live senior partners (management team) to develop the move forward strategy to continue the growth of the Bloomberg Live Business through expanding the existing franchise and customized events and adding new events or other experiential initiatives that involve the convening of people relevant to the Bloomberg eco system.
- Generate revenues through sponsorship and attendee fees or other additive initiatives such as virtual viewership or the broadcasting and streaming of the event content on other media platforms.
- Work closely with other key stakeholders in Bloomberg Media such as the digital team, cross platform sellers, Bloomberg central event production division.
- Handle the revenues and expenditures for Bloomberg Live across the three regions, Americas, EMEA and APAC.
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Experience in running a media business, either as a stand alone business or a division of a larger company - or in running a significant events business in another industry
- Success in securing sponsorship or advertising revenues from leading businesses across a wide range of industries
- Ideally have strong high level client connections
- 15 or more years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, watch this proud reminder of our purpose: https://vimeo.com/263526877 (https://vimeo.com/263526877)
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.