Global Head of Digital Design
New York, NY
Posted Apr 1, 2019 - Requisition No. 74421
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg is looking for a creative and experienced designer to work with senior leadership to drive the company’s digital presence forward through cutting edge design. You will have sharp design skills with a proven track record to make decisions and deliver award-winning and innovative work, from developing creative concepts through their implementation.
You will work closely with the editorial, product and business leaders of Bloomberg Digital, addressing needs ranging from modern journalism to the shifting landscapes of mobile platforms and native advertising. You are someone with a track record of obtaining executive agreement from all levels of seniority and has shown a consistent ability to execute on plans.
We'll trust you to:
- Partner with editorial, sales and product to drive the development of a digital design vision for Bloomberg Media that aligns with our strategy and creates a seamless experience across all our global digital platforms
- Lead a cross platform editorial design council that brings together designers from digital, print, graphics and television to help unify our visual design language across media products
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to conceptualize and design web, mobile, and emerging interfaces for users and marketers
- Design wire frames, customer journey and experience maps using user-centered design methodologies across Web, desktop, and apps
- Incorporate insights from customer feedback, site metrics, user research, multivariate A/B user testing and other industry trends to create product improvements and design solutions that meet both user needs and business objectives
- Develop and mentor a team of experienced UX/UI designers to create responsive digital experiences
- Lead in the brand and design development of entirely new brands, sites and applications
- Communicate Bloomberg Media’s digital UX/UI strategy to key internal stakeholders, the press, and to the marketplace
You'll need to have:
- 10+ years of experience in a creative digital design leadership role
- Strong mastery of interaction design, user-centered experience design, agile product development, and the creative process across mobile/web/apps
- Experience in designing a consistent experience with repeatable patterns across digital products and platforms (e.g., web and native applications for iOS and Android)
- Polished presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and externally.
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely feedback to keep work on schedule
- A solid knowledge of information architecture, usability, and UX practices
- Deep understanding of new digital platforms, technologies, and trends
- Understanding of how to manage multiple projects and prioritize work and resources based on short and long-term needs
- Proven leadership skills to move a project forward while simultaneously managing the design team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status