Global Head of Staff Culture and People Operations
New York, NY
Posted Mar 4, 2022 - Requisition No. 101157
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg Media seeks a dynamic and strategic leader to serve as its Global Head of Staff Culture and People Operations. This person will serve as a key member of the leadership team and set the vision, tone and direction for attracting, retaining, and broadening Bloomberg Media’s team. This role will serve as a key champion of DEI, ensuring that current operations and programs are equitable and inclusive, and the overall organizational culture is a supportive environment. Candidate will partner closely with Bloomberg HR and Recruiting teams, as well as key leaders across Bloomberg Media. Reporting to the COO of Bloomberg Media, the ideal candidate is someone with a track record of unleashing creativity and accountability in a results-oriented culture among a group of diverse and dedicated individuals.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Act as a strategic partner to Media executive team to build and implement a multi-year talent strategy to support ambitious goals over the next 3-5 years
- Partner closely with HR, Culture Committees and managers to implement an innovative culture rooted in a comprehensive diversity, equity, and inclusion program
- Partner with Recruiting, HR and managers to create and implement best-in-class early career initiatives such as Media Fellowship and Internship programs, including onboarding and orientation, support and coaching, measurement, and managing performance and development plans with the rotational manager
- Work with Recruiting to refine strategy and to enhance processes and improve experiences in order to accelerate the hiring of top talent
- Work with Talent Development and managers on processes and career matrixes that will grow internal pathways for employees, and develop training programs, tools, and resources for team members
- Partner closely with peers and stakeholders across the company to drive innovative solutions to enhance the employee experience and support long-term growth objectives
- Define metrics for success of initiatives and liaise regularly with business partners to ensure programs are delivering intended results
YOU'LL NEED YOU TO HAVE:
- 10 + years of experience in culture transformation, with at least 5 years in a senior leadership position in a hyper-growth, innovation-focused company, preferably in tech or Media
- Experience creating a mission-driven culture where DEI best practices drive company values and processes
- High E.Q. / emotional intelligence-- empathy and phenomenal judgment make you a trusted partner to Bloomberg Media’s leaders and colleagues
- A track record of proven-strategies to support a dispersed, remote-centered culture
- Ability to work effectively in an organization that has recognized its own issues related to equity and is seeking to be more representative of the entire community
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience in facilitation/presentation, as well as strong organizational skills and acuity with detail
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field, advanced human resources certification, such as SPHR, preferred
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.