Bloomberg drives disruptive innovation and breakthrough performance by embracing diversity in all its forms and all its nuances. We strive to build a culture that values difference, champions inclusion and promotes collaboration to drive business results. We work across regions to ensure that we're addressing local priorities consistent with local cultures.
We're passionate about finding, hiring and developing high-performing talent at Bloomberg. It’s the most important thing we do, and it’s our purpose. In partnership with Talent and Diversity & Inclusion our goal is make Bloomberg more successful by assessing our talent, identifying skill gaps, and crafting curated learning experiences to fill those gaps.
The best athletes have coaches that make them exceptional; they develop them differently and give them the chance to realize their potential. This is who we are to the Bloomberg organization. We believe that having the right leaders is absolutely critical to our business success and that they are there to make sure that innovation happens.
We want to have a future-focused leadership agenda so that we have the right pipelines and plans for the right leaders, with the right skills, ready at the right time. Our leadership approach needs to be business aligned, commercially relevant, and pragmatic.
What’s the role?
As our Global Diversity Leadership Specialist, a newly created position in our Global Leadership and Talent Development team, you’ll collaborate with D&I, our business leaders, and across the HR enterprise to measurably strengthen the diversity of the company’s leadership and top talent pipelines.
You'll align business objectives to diverse leadership goals and advocate for investments in diverse leadership. You'll be accountable for the design, process and key interventions that strengthen diverse leadership across Bloomberg as an Enterprise. You'll work in partnerships across business and HR expertise to refine and design key goals and metrics; and then track our progress and adjust actions as needed. You’ll be expected to constructively challenge our status quo and actively reduce bias through our programs.
We’ll trust you to:
- Take an active advisory lead in succession planning by establishing approaches, frameworks, and accountability metrics in the talent review process
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and business leaders to identify top diverse talent across different levels and build talent pools in our employee management system
- Lend expertise to our Leadership Assessment & Performance specialists to ensure our assessment approaches and tools are objective and culturally fair
- Partner across our Leadership Development team and Business Aligned Talent/D&I Partners to strategize and implement targeted leadership programs that strengthen the pipeline of women, LGBT+ and underrepresented minorities leaders for increasingly complex roles
- Collaborate with the relevant HR partners to design and deploy targeted accelerators that help increase capability and readiness of women and underrepresented minorities leaders. This should include well-researched and validated methods such as sponsorship, stretch roles and mentoring.
- Work with Leadership Assessment and Performance specialists to design coaching approaches that specifically identify and help female, LGBT+ and underrepresented minorities leaders who can benefit from a program
- Work with Regional Heads to source coaches with demonstrable experience helping women, LGBT+ and underrepresented minorities leaders grow and thrive
- Work with Metrics and Analytics Specialist to initially design and deploy diverse leadership goals and scorecards
- Analyze talent data for patterns/themes around diverse pipeline strength and bias, and finally connect actions to measurable outcomes tied to diversity leadership goals
- Consistently review progress against targets and adjusting the course as necessary
You’ll need to have:
- 10+ years of proven track record at the intersection of diversity, inclusion, and leadership
- Experience working with senior leaders to design and drive actions that create more ready-now diverse leaders
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Org Development (OD), HR, Business, or other related discipline; Master’s, PhD, or EdD preferred
- Research-based knowledge on (and passion for) why diverse leadership matters and how to get there
- Demonstrable ability to connect the science of diverse leadership to business outcomes
- Ability to paint a compelling case to senior leaders
- Experience accelerating development for those with self-limiting beliefs
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, facilitation, presentation, storytelling and interpersonal skills
- Experience engaging, assessing and developing all levels of leadership
- A can-do, strategic approach with sound commercial acumen, the ability to challenge senior leaders and a consistent track record operating within our fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work within a fast-paced, fluid environment; comfortable initiating, leading and managing change
If this sounds like you:
Apply - if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.