You're a strategic marketer with a passion for the world of technology. You know how to drive awareness, improve perception and build a brand. You've got a pulse on the tech industry and know what it takes to reach and influence those in the space. You have experience with building communities, events and Meetups. And you have a proven ability to create and execute results-focused marketing plans.
What you will do:
We expect you to take the lead on developing marketing strategies and programs that will build awareness and enhance perception of Bloomberg in the technology space, build communities, and support recruiting and retention efforts. You will be embedded in our technology businesses and work in lockstep with our business partners including the CTO office, engineering and UX teams, and HR/Global Talent, to develop plans that raise our profile and target technologists and technology influencers. You will collaborate across all aspects of marketing (social, digital, creative, events, research) and also partner closely with the communications team to integrate and amplify efforts.
You will also take the lead in providing marketing support to Bloomberg Beta, an early stage venture capital firm with $150M under management, capitalized solely by Bloomberg L.P., which invests in companies that make business work better.
We'll trust you to:
- Lead the marketing planning and execution to build upon and enhance our reputation as a technology leader with a primary focus on the NYC, London and Bay Area markets
- Develop and leverage proprietary programs that elevate our leadership in the tech industry and build and engage communities
- Expand our digital presence to aid in awareness, thought leadership and recruiting efforts
- Partner with events on the development and execution – including invitation, engagement and follow-up strategies - for face to face and virtual client interactions including live events, virtual events and webinars
- Evaluate external awareness and thought leadership opportunities that aid in promotion of the Bloomberg brand among technologists and influencers
- Develop and monitor metrics to evaluate impact and effectiveness of marketing programs
- Become a Bloomberg brand advocate and ensure that all marketing activity undertaken on behalf of our technology team is aligned with and supports the Bloomberg brand
- Oversee and leverage research findings to develop a voice for Bloomberg technology in the developer ecosystem
- Showcase Bloomberg proprietary tech/innovation and leadership externally to establish and build a consistent narrative
- Establish collaborative relationships with multiple business stakeholders and external associations and partners to extend the halo of our technology voice
- Ensure activities are aligned to key strategic business objectives.
- Actively participate in industry and Bloomberg events
- Develop and manage annual planning process and results reporting to primary business stakeholders.
- Manage and maintain the year-long budget allocation and reconciliations
You should have:
- A bachelor's degree along with approximately 10 years of relevant marketing experience, preferably in a Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communications, agency or consulting environment in an account management or a similar role. Experience in Technology industry is also highly preferred
- Ability to work in and influence a nimble, flexible, ever-changing global organization
- Excellent budget management skills
- Agency and/or project management experience of the creative process from project scope and objective setting, brief and program development through to production and metric evaluation and reporting
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the proven ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously with multiple audiences and against deadline
- Significant experience building and executing marketing programs that leverage multiple channels to achieve marketing and business goals with measurable results.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the proven ability to work across different audiences, personalities and experience levels
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, editing and verbal capabilities
- Pragmatic sense of business acumen, problem solving abilities, creativity and sense of urgency in "getting things done"
If this sounds like you:
Please apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.