You’re a strategic marketer with a passion for the world of technology. You know how to drive awareness, improve perception and build a brand. You’ve got a pulse on the tech industry and know what it takes to reach and influence those in the space. You have experience with building communities, events and Meetups. And you have a proven ability to create and execute results-focused marketing plans.
What you will do:
We expect you to co-lead the development of marketing strategies and programs that will build awareness and enhance perception of Bloomberg in the technology space, build communities and drive recruitment efforts. You will be embedded in our technology businesses and work in lockstep with our business partners including the CTO office, engineering and UX teams, and HR/Global Talent, to develop plans that raise our profile and target technologists and technology influencers. You will collaborate across all aspects of marketing: social, digital, creative, events, research.
You will also be involved in providing marketing support to Bloomberg Beta, an early stage venture capital firm with $150M under management, capitalized solely by Bloomberg L.P., which invests in companies that make businesses work better.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead the marketing strategy of the events for CTO, Engineering and UX with the support of the Global events team. Your strategic vision will enhance Bloomberg’s reputation as innovative within the tech community. The regionally focus is on: NYC, London and the SF Bay Area markets.
- Expand our digital presence to aid in awareness, thought leadership and recruiting efforts
- Partner with events on the development and execution – including the development of ideas that best engage the audience and amplify the event as well as the analysis of the event metrics
- Determine the success metrics for each marketing initiative, analyze the results and share out learnings across key stakeholders.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships among multiple business stakeholders and external partners in order to develop the most impactful initiatives
- Actively participate in industry and Bloomberg events
- Develop and manage timelines for all initiatives
- Have experience in developing strategic marketing plans or initiatives
- Develop briefs and lead creative briefings with the brand and creative studio team members
You should have:
- A bachelor’s degree along with 5-7 years of marketing experience, preferably from an agency. Experience in the technology industry is also highly preferred
- Ability to work in and influence both business stakeholders as well as creative team members
- Project management experience from brief writing, to the deployment of the idea as well as the analysis of the results and how to optimize moving forward
- Experience building and executing marketing programs that leverage multiple channels to achieve marketing and business goals
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the proven ability to work across difference audiences, personalities and experience levels
- Excellent communications skills including writing, editing and verbal capabilities
- Pragmatic sense of business acumen, problem solving abilities, creativity and sense of urgency in “getting things done”
If this sounds like you:
Please apply! If we think you’re a good match, we’ll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.