Global Media Human Resources Business Partner
New York, NY
Posted Nov 23, 2020 - Requisition No. 87331
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy and innovation-which is where you come in.
At Bloomberg Media, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients-and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg's HR Business Partners lead the delivery of all HR services to internal client groups to drive outstanding business performance. Our HR BP's partner closely with business leaders to drive the Bloomberg human capital agenda, consult on critical talent decisions and achieve operational excellence for the business. We serve as trusted advisors on all HR issues and as partners to the business in hiring, developing and retaining the best talent.
This position will be the Global HRBP supporting directly our AMER/EMEA regions and overseeing teams and strategy across the globe.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing the Global HR business plan for Bloomberg Media, ensuring alignment and integration to the business and wider HR strategy.
- Driving results based on business goals and strategies, by defining and executing specific people-focused initiatives, including talent-related initiatives and employee development programs.
- Using data, metrics and internal / external trends to arrive at insights and structure HR projects and activities.
- Build credible relationships with key management, business stakeholders and peers globally by combining commercial and HR expertise to add value to the business.
- Coach Managers in order to better manage their business, develop their people and drive business results.
- Provide guidance and challenge managers on how to effectively manage change within the organization, such as department reorganizations, leadership changes, role restructuring, culture transformations.
- Partner with D&I to drive the diversity and inclusion agenda across the region.
- Partner with talent acquisition to drive the best in class hiring and onboarding practices.
- Partner with Employee Relations to resolve employee issues and formulate recommendations to management; understand trends and recommend actions.
- Manage a wide range of stakeholders across HR and internal clients to achieve flawless execution of HR initiatives and annual process.
- Support clients in the execution of Bloomberg's evaluation and compensation process.
- Display confidence, emotional intelligence and decisiveness.
You’ll need to have:
- 10 + years HR Generalist experience, preferably in Media, Advertising sales, News and/ or Financial Services.
- Previous HR BP leadership experience, preferably on a global scale.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience serving in a consultative capacity to senior business leaders, shaping organizational strategy, goals and alignment.
- Experience working globally across cultures and in a matrixed environment strongly preferred.
- Experience collaborating with various HR disciplines including compensation, recruiting, employee relations and talent management.
- Ability to execute firm-wide talent initiatives with excellence in a fast paced, global collaborative environment; commitment to innovation and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated expertise building consensus on a cross-functional basis.
- Ability to use HR reporting & analytics in generating insights and presenting findings back to the business, as well as tracking and disseminating key HR data.
- Experience managing a variety of employee relations issues.
- Facilitation skills, including fostering creativity in solution design.
- Good judgment on a range of people issues and the confidence to influence leaders and outcomes.
- BA/BS degree; certifications and course work in specific areas of HR expertise preferred, including coaching skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.