Your friends all know you are very organized and get the job done. You work well under pressure and you thrive in a team environment. You’re accountable and relied on for dealing with high volume of queries. You love dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means.
Our Global Mobility team in the Human Resources department provides a wide range of assistance to the business and to relocating employees including all aspects of immigration, relocation and tax support. We have 19,000 employees based in 74 countries and we relocate more than 800 employees and new hires domestically & internationally each year. Our team ensures a high level of customer service to the relocating employee while always looking for ways to minimize compliance risks for Bloomberg, reduce costs where reasonable, improve processes and manage vendors for maximum efficiency.
In this temporary role, you will support the team with many aspects of international and US domestic relocation, including, vendor initiations, preparing monthly status reports; communicating with HR and internal stake holders regarding the relocation process.
We’ll Trust you to:
- Track all relocation requests; prepare monthly reports tracking in-process and initiated transfers
- Review Transfer Proposals for accuracy and completeness
- Review relocation agreements to ensure benefits provided are consistent with the mobility category and original cost estimate
- Oversee the end to end relocation process from initiation through to payroll transfer
- Coordinate with the relocation provider expense team, HR and payroll to ensure all relocation expenses are reported to payroll
- Address questions raised by relocation provider and alert HR to any relocation issues
- Prepare all other ad hoc reports
You need to have:
- BA / BS Degree
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to think critically and to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to communicate effectively with other departments and all levels of employees
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency, detail oriented and aptitude to follow through
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in order to meet to meet tight deadlines
We’d love to see:
- 2 or more years of experience with Global Mobility administration and/or international assignments
If this sounds like you:
- Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.