Global Payroll Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Oct 12, 2020 - Requisition No. 86607
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg is seeking an experienced Payroll Analyst to join our diverse Global Payroll team. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy, timeliness, and compliance of our international payroll processes. We are looking for a highly organized, detailed, responsive and flexible payroll professional with the ability to handle multiple projects while producing accurate and timely results.
We’ll Trust You To
- Coordinate global payroll processing with third party payroll vendors, internal team members as well as business partners
- Monthly transmission of payroll data to vendors
- Load, reconcile, audit, and resolve data feed issues from the HR Workday system to PeopleSoft payroll system
- Prepare proofs, audits and reconciliations of our payroll data
- Produce, balance, troubleshoot and develop our general ledger processing in conjunction with our accounting teams, both US and globally.
- Assist in the coordination of year-end processing, including our incentive compensation process, relocation expenses, salary increases, etc.
- Develop and maintain departmental documentation
- Coordinate a variety of projects
You’ll need to have;
- A minimum of three years relevant payroll experience
- 7-10 years of overall work experience
- Payroll accounting experience
- Strong working knowledge of payroll practices, auditing and procedures
- Advanced Excel skills, especially V-lookups and Pivot tables
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to research and resolve complex inquiries, seek solutions and follow through on complex tasks
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work closely within a global team
We’d Love to See:
- Experience using PeopleSoft, including PS Query
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.