Global Talent Partner- Media
New York, NY
Posted May 5, 2022 - Requisition No. 103314
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
What’s the role?
As a Global Talent Partner for Bloomberg Media, you’ll partner with HR and global business leaders to understand the talent and leadership development needs then build and deliver bespoke solutions that are culturally relevant, globally scalable, and aligned with business priorities to drive performance. You’ll recommend and implement a wide range of learning and development, change management, and organizational design programs based on business needs.
Who are you?
You want to make a difference. You thrive in a strategic role as an exceptional multi-tasker with a real passion for talent strategy and learning solutions. You are able to understand business challenges and opportunities and link them to talent needs on a global scale with the ability to customize them to local needs. You’re a collaborative problem-solver who thinks fast, adapts quickly to change, operates with a high degree of integrity and is happy to be "hands-on" in all aspects of your work. Most of all, you’re client-service oriented with outstanding critical thinking and communication skills.
We'll trust you to:
- Partner with HR colleagues and senior leaders to understand the talent and learning needs across Bloomberg Media for AMER and EMEA regions
- As part of the Media HR team, you will focus on the continuous development and evolution of various talent programs, including Mentorship programs, Executive Sponsorship programs, Career Development initiatives and Organization Design and Change, to name a few
- Lead the strategy, design/creation and implementation of leadership and management development programs including tailoring common professional development offerings
- Work in collaboration and partnership with the Talent Development COE to ensure Bloomberg Media is aligned and benefiting from enterprise thought leadership programs
- Identify and incorporate new methodologies for evaluating the impact of learning experiences alongside planning for the skill set and development of the future
- Facilitate the identification, development and management of high potential talent
- Act as an executive coach to Bloomberg Media leadership team and employees where required
You need to be able to:
- Partner with business managers and HR Business Partners to create and implement strategic talent plans
- Be pragmatic and passionate about leadership development and talent management
- Adapt in a constantly changing environment
- Communicate persuasively and credibly (both verbally and in writing)
- Deliver classroom, blended and remote training offerings for leadership audiences
- Be strategic in approach whilst hands on and execution focused
You need to have:
- 10+ years of proven experience designing and delivering training in a commercial environment with a strong emphasis on leadership development
- Extensive hands-on experience delivering in-person and remote training to international groups
- Ability to navigate in complex matrix'd environments
- Demonstrated understanding of instructional design for in-person and remote learning
- Experience as an influential coach and advisor to senior leadership
- Experience implementing change and talent management initiatives and the ability to take personal accountability for their success
- Experience with diversity and inclusion work
- Experience identifying and developing high potential talent
- Solid organizational skills with a keen eye for detail and excellent prioritization abilities
- An ability to act professionally regarding sensitive subjects
Adaptable with an ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
We'd love to see:
- Experience in Media, Editorial or Financial/Professional Services
- Consulting experience
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.