Grants Administrator (Temp/Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Feb 22, 2018 - Requisition No. 65462
Bloomberg Philanthropy is core to the culture of Bloomberg and has both an internal and external focus. We aim to deliver real, meaningful and lasting changes around the world. We constantly thrive to create better, longer lives for the greatest number of people. The Philanthropy & Engagement team coordinates the company's partnerships with cultural and charitable organizations globally as well as organizes employee volunteering opportunities across our entire organization.
What’s the role?
The Philanthropy & Engagement Team is seeking a candidate to provide administrative and programmatic support to our Grants Administration team in our New York offices. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and can balance the demands of a high-volume workload with the thorough execution of data-based administrative support, we would love to speak with you!
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive philanthropy Grants Administrator. The successful candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as prior experience working with databases, CRM systems, or grants management systems.
We'll Trust You To:
- Assist with the cleanup of existing data in preparation for data migration to a new database
- Provide meticulous data entry and data coding services for everything from contact information to grant decline information and supporting documentation
- Draft contribution acknowledgment letters
- Collect and manage grant agreements and tax receipts in accordance with company and local requirements
- Help with new charity on-boarding, including collection of required information/documentation and setup in appropriate systems
- Monitor payment statuses and manage remittance process
- Assist program leads as needed with monitoring status of grant requests
- Perform due diligence on potential and/or existing charity partners
- Help with ad hoc research and information requests related to existing or potential charity partners
- Address incoming questions from existing charity partners regarding payment statuses
- Run monthly and quarterly reports for budget reconciliation, data integrity, and compliance with local tax requirements
- Work on occasional ad hoc support for other philanthropy team activities/events
You'll Need to Have:
- Superior written/verbal communication and outreach skills
- Previous experience working with databases, CRM systems, or grants management systems
- Discretion when dealing with sensitive materials
- Eye for detail
- Excellent time & project management skills
- 3+ years experience in a role that requires extreme attention to detail
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this and learn a little bit more about our philanthropy team:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.