Graphic Designer, Email & Digital (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Jan 19, 2023 - Requisition No. 113551
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurship we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake, Bloomberg TV+, and Bloomberg Businessweek.
We’re seeking a highly motivated, Email and Production Designer to join our Consumer Marketing team for a 12-month contract. You will play a key role in translating our brand identity across touch points, with the overall goal of driving growth and deepening engagement across both core and target consumer audiences.
You are flexible, comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and able to balance multiple priorities. You are a creative, entrepreneurial problem solver that consistently stays on top of the latest digital trends and brings new ideas to the table.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Develop new email templates, as per industry trends and standards with a focus on code re-usability and effectively use existing templates to create a template library for maximum efficiency
- Test renderings across multiple email clients, using QA tools such as Litmus, ensuring messages are mobile and dark-mode friendly
- Support internal creative team, stakeholders and external partners to produce assets for omni-channel campaigns, as needed
- Manage multiple projects and revisions in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Web Design or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 3-5 years experience in digital design with solid understanding of design fundamentals
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, Sketch
- Proven implementation of email standard processes and dark mode troubleshooting
- Experience with media, subscription, e-commerce brands and business models with focus on owned marketing channels (email, on-site, etc.)
- Inquisitive, bold, and responsive approach to design with ability to simply complex concepts
- Fluency in HTML/CSS and WordPress required. Ability to read, write, and apply HTML/CSS styling to web content for visual consistency on the website and in email marketing
- Experience in working on a number of different ESPs, email builders like Taxi and using testing software like Litmus
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594 (https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 40 - 70 USD Hourly