Graphic Designer, Marketing- Bloomberg Financial Solutions (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Sep 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 109011
Bloomberg is a global leader in business and financial information, news and insight, and we use innovative technology to deliver trusted data and bring transparency to the financial markets. Our customers around the globe rely on us for the information and tools they need to make critical investment decisions and remain connected across all sides of the financial community. And, to ensure the best experience for our 20,000+ employees across 176 offices globally, we provide the spaces and systems that allow our teams to work together with agility, productivity and collaboration, no matter where they are.
The Bloomberg Financial Solutions department of 5,000+ employees is at the forefront of ensuring success for our customers and employees alike. Our team comprises several key pillars: sales, service, operations, culture and brand. As a department, we are united by a common goal: We create meaningful relationships with clients by understanding their needs and delivering exceptional end-to-end support from sales and implementation, through their ongoing relationship with Bloomberg.
The Studio is Bloomberg's in-house creative group. We work on assignments for digital, print, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects. The Studio has outstanding writing, design, production and content capabilities. Our creative team has a strong hands-on and highly collaborative approach to both campaign concept development and graphic design systems. The team ensures ideas are realized to world class standard execution. The Studio drives projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, rolling out campaigns both internally and externally. The team works across a global workflow, with staff in all our major offices.
What's The Role:
The Bloomberg Studio is looking for an exceptional graphic designer to work on brand initiatives and campaigns supporting Bloomberg Philanthropies - ranging from logos and brand development, editorial design, advertising campaign, and the production of live events. You will contribute to the creative vision of the team, and collaborate with designers and copywriters that defines and designs brand experiences across print, digital, motion and experiential. You will collaborate with designers, copywriters and cross-functional teams to develop creative concepts, execute original and innovating design systems and brand campaigns.
We’ll trust you to:
- Deliver world-class design skills for Bloomberg Philanthropies projects — ranging from annual reports, institutional branding and marketing campaigns.
- Collaborating with multiple departments to direct and oversee digital, web and motion executions.
- Successfully translate stakeholder feedback into great design that pushes the business forward.
- Work alongside the rest of the design team in ensuring a high level of execution across all deliverables following this vision.
- Bring a strong sense of design with excellent skills in graphic design, typography, photography and motion graphics.
- Impeccable attention to detail that strives for perfection.
- Be a 360-degree coordinated thinker who is able to build and roll-out multi-channel campaigns in partnership with creative lead.
- Work within a defined but dynamic visual/brand system
- A deep understanding of creative execution. Work with vendors, printers, developers and animators, seeing complicated jobs through production
- Move fluidly across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Make design decisions in real-time to drive progress
- Work seamlessly in a global organization, often across time zones
- Have knowledge and experience in production design with the ability to build and submit mechanical files for both print & digital and liaise with production vendors
- Work closely with production designers to provide design feedback
- Contribute to fostering a culture of innovation and creativity
- Keeping an ear on the ground for external creative trends. Contributing to the Bloomberg Studio culture with fresh ideas and a can-do attitude.
You’ll need to have:
- A portfolio that demonstrates extraordinary creative work
- 2-5 years experience in a similar role within a company or agency
- Strong operating knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Outstanding attention to detail - we have a zero-tolerance policy for typos
- Proficient in speaking the language of production design, video production and digital production. Able to effectively communicate with creatives from other disciplines
- Ability to effectively communicate design concepts and creative work to stakeholders
- Strong print and digital experience. Environmental design experience required
We’d love to see:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to receive and interpret complex or undefined creative briefs, present ideas creatively and effectively to high-level partners
- Previous experience in the Institutional / governmental / NGO world is desired
- An easy-going attitude, calm under pressure and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
What’s It Like To Work Here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. But it isn’t all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives from helping local school kids with their reading to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
What is Bloomberg?
View our Benefits
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law. As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org