Graphic Operator (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Aug 9, 2021 - Requisition No. 93046
What is the future of storytelling in podcasts, social videos, immersive articles and longform documentaries? How can data clarify and create new perspectives? Where are the new ideas – and people – advancing equality and sustainability and shaping our global future? What does the future of work, the future of cities, the future of finance and of future health look like?
At Bloomberg Media Studios, we confront these questions every day. As the global studio at the heart of Bloomberg Media, we develop creative solutions for brands that leverage Bloomberg’s mission, intelligence, and equity for Bloomberg’s core audiences.
Our creative team includes video producer, editors, designers, animators, data journalists, scriptwriters and coders who are passionate about developing innovative ideas and committed to working for a company that places purpose at the center of its business, and understands that creativity depends on a healthy, balanced and supportive work environment.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television and OTT, digital, magazine, podcast and radio, and live event platforms across the globe, and Bloomberg Media has become the indispensable source of information for the world’s most influential business leaders of today and for the next generation of leaders changing how we work and live.
Bloomberg Media Studios is seeking a highly-motivated 6-month Producer/Post Production Coordinator to excel as a leader on our team. This person will have a strong background in production, video/post production, motion graphics and animation. The Video producer will be responsible for ensuring quality assurance and that the creative team meets scheduled goals. This entails a range of oversight of work including planning, scheduling, managing and executing production activities for maximum performance of projects.
We'll trust you to:
- Assist Executive Producer and Head of Video in managing production with vendors and creative teams to meet scheduled goals
- Help bring creative vision to life through the use of video best practices and new tenets of video storytelling, from social first, long-form and commercial landscape
- Autonomously lead video production from pre-pro, production and post, from kickoff to completion, often balancing multiple projects at once
- Ensure post-production schedules are up to date; coordinate with creative and vendor to hold corresponding dates
- Communicate proactively and regularly with cross-discipline groups from creative, client services and editorial (if applicable) around status, budget, and timelines
- Thrive in a fast paced, collaborative environment across multiple teams, fulfilling last-minute requests and quick turnarounds, while prioritizing ongoing assignments
- Introduce fresh, diverse skills and talent (freelancers and vendors) throughout the video production process
- Develop cost-effective measurements to achieve exceptional business practices
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years, creative or content/publisher/agency/post-production house experience
- Proficient at Microsoft Office, Google Calendar. SmartSheets is a plus
- A strong understanding of design and motion graphics executions and the needs of production/post production professionals, including the latest software
- New thinking and fresh ideas with an eye toward elevating creative work through our video offering
- Stellar presentation and time management skills
- Broad knowledge of social media and digital communications
- Please submit a link to your website/portfolio when applying
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Does this sound like you? Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.