Guest Experience Specialist - Bloomberg Hospitality
New York, NY
Posted Mar 11, 2022 - Requisition No. 101394
Here at Bloomberg, our employee and guests' experience is a top priority. We’re known for providing exceptional customer service, and an experience that's consistent with our brand. Bloomberg's Hospitality group is looking for an individual to join our Guest Experience team. Our team warmly greets employees, guests and visitors into Bloomberg's world headquarters. We are a critical component of our robust customer engagement philosophy and are particularly important given the design of our building which incorporates two initial points of contact: the lobby level Front Desk and the 6th floor main area (otherwise known as "the Link"). It will be your responsibility to ensure the entire experience is consistently handled with outstanding service.
As a Guest Experience specialist here at Bloomberg we will expect you to ensure that every employee and guest feels welcome upon entering our building. Once a guest is checked in, they are directed to our main pantry area to meet their host or go to their meeting/event. You will need to be there and ready to answer questions, and welcome interviewees, politicians, radio guests and more. Every single day will be different - so it's important you're attentive and come in with an open mind set, ready to tackle any challenge thrown your way. One moment you're tidying the pantry area, the next you could be shaking hands with a CEO.
We'll trust you to:
- Welcome arriving guests and orient them to the building
- Be aware of all events, catering, other group activities, and VIP arrivals in the building each day and be prepared to coordinate with other departments for the welcome of those guests
- Understand security procedures and policies, and ensure compliance by guests and employees
- Be fluid in adjusting your schedule based upon guest volume and events occurring each day
- Conduct building tours on an ad-hoc basis
- Assist with large events or activities that take place in the building
- Work with partners in various departments to coordinate group visits/tours
- Maintain connection between other hospitality groups (security, events, etc)
- Analyze data, reporting back on guest trends, tour information, etc.
- Collaborate with regional counterparts and work to further solidify and implement global quality standards
- Will raise your hand and volunteer to help with wider initiatives throughout the Facilities & Hospitality team
- Ability to multi-task and take on various projects as assigned
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in corporate hospitality or an environment with high customer service standards
- Strong presence, confidence, poise and patience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate an “all hands on deck” mentality each day
- Strong understanding of standard methodologies as it relates to workplace operations/hospitality
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, specifically in Excel and PowerPoint
- An interest in data and analytics, and prior experience would be ideal
We’d love to see:
- Are passionate about customer service and hospitality
- Able to anticipate the needs of guests/colleagues
- Enjoys interacting with a diverse group of people
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment and has a sense of urgency
- Loves coming up with innovative and viable suggestions for enhancing the employee and guest experience
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.