HR Operations Specialist (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Feb 11, 2020 - Requisition No. 81258
Your friends all know you as someone that is very collaborative, process oriented, and a problem solver. You work well under pressure and you thrive in a team environment. Discretion is something which comes naturally to you - you find that perfect balance between professional and personable. You're naturally curious by nature and love being the champion and catalyst for process improvement.
Our team works in partnership across HR centers of excellence to design and implement operational excellence delivering seamless people systems to Bloomberg's 20,000 employees globally. We partner with business units to drive process improvements to manage our talent lifecycle.
What's the role?
As an HR Operations specialist you will be a part of a team passionate about human capital operational excellence. The advocate for process improvement providing strategic insights through comprehensive and effective data governance standards and practices across all aspects of HR- related data collection, management and usage. You'll take ownership for the management and improvement of processes that directly impact data structures including Position Management, Payroll, and Performance Evaluations.
You'll be hands on with key stakeholders by responding to inquiries, as well as educating and training clients on self-service tools. You’ll have the opportunity to build a network across the different centers of excellence within HR, assist with internal re-organizations, and prepare data for monthly payroll processes and semi-annual HR events.
We’ll Trust you to:
- Work collaboratively with internal HR teams to improve efficiency and consistently execute HR business processes
- Support transactions across the HR technology platforms, by assisting with reviews, inputs, and reports as audits as necessary.
- Discuss open issues with key clients to review requirements, deliverables and timeframes
- Possesses strong communication, strategic thinking and outstanding problem solving skills with an exceptional attention to detail
What's in it for you?
- A chance to continually improve the current infrastructure and streamline processes into the Human Resources Operations team
- An opportunity to build a network to learn/expand knowledge of all HR disciplines, as well as and underlying procedures and technologies
- Exposure to all business areas, and interaction with colleagues at all levels
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Mathematics or a related field
- A year track record of effectively working with Human Resources Operations or Customer Service delivery and strategy
- Strong Excel skills with advanced spreadsheet and formula knowledge
- Excellent customer-focus and creative problem solving, showing ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, follow-through on both verbal and written instructions
- A hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves approach, with a willingness to embrace new HR technologies and changing processes
- Ability and flexibility to multitask, prioritize, and organize multiple projects/tasks concurrently while meeting required deadlines
We'd love to see:
- Experience working in a dynamic rapidly changing HR environment
- Experience using Workday HCM and PeopleSoft
- HR Business process design, improvement projects and testing experience required
- A drive to find the best answer in the most efficient way
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.