HR Operations Specialist- Contract
New York, NY
Posted Jan 7, 2021 - Requisition No. 88030
Your friends all know you as someone that is very collaborative, process oriented, and a problem solver. You work well under pressure and you thrive in a team environment. Discretion is something which comes naturally to you - you find that perfect balance between professional and personable. You're naturally curious by nature and love being the champion and catalyst for process improvement.
Our team works in partnership across HR centers of excellence to design and implement operational excellence delivering seamless people systems to Bloomberg's 20,000 employees globally. We partner with business units to drive process improvements to manage our talent lifecycle.
What's the role?
As a HR Operations specialist, you will be a part of a team passionate about human capital operational excellence. The advocate for process improvement providing strategic insights through comprehensive and effective data governance standards and practices across all aspects of HR- related data collection, management and usage. You'll take ownership for the management and improvement of processes that directly impact data structures including Position Management and data required for Human Capital Measurement.
You'll be hands on with key stakeholders by educating and training clients on self-service tools and how to utilize our systems to influence business and process improvements. You’ll have the opportunity to build a network across the different centers of excellence within HR as you report on headcount and positions, assist with internal re-organizations, and prepare data for year-end processes.
We’ll Trust you to:
- Work collaboratively with internal HR teams to improve efficiency and consistently execute HR business processes
- Understand and execute on Bloomberg’s end-to-end HR business processes related to the position management process from creating positions to employee-level transfer transactions
- Support complex transactions across the HR technology platforms, by assisting with reviews, inputs, and reports as audits as necessary.
- Conduct regular one-on-one and group sessions with key clients to review procedures and enhancements
- Possesses strong communication, strategic thinking and outstanding problem solving skills with an exceptional attention to detail
What's in it for you?
- A chance to continually improve the current infrastructure and streamline processes into the Human Resources Operations team
- An opportunity to build a network to learn/expand knowledge of all HR disciplines, as well as and underlying procedures and technologies
- Exposure to all business areas, and interaction with senior-level colleagues. Ongoing training on relevant systems and operational processes
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Psychology or a related field
- A 4 + year track record of effectively working with Human Resources Operations or Customer Service delivery and strategy
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint skills with advanced spreadsheet and formula knowledge
- Strong customer-focus and creative problem solving, showing ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams and facilitate interactions with upper management
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Extraordinary written, verbal, and presentation communication skills used to form credibility and relationships with ease
- A consistent track record in presenting findings to HR partners and other senior management
- Attested experience influencing and directing others, often without direct line reporting authority
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, follow-through on both verbal and written instructions
- A hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves approach, with a willingness to embrace new HR technologies and changing processes
- Ability and flexibility to multitask, prioritize, and organize multiple projects/tasks concurrently while meeting required deadlines
We'd love to see:
- Experience working in a dynamic rapidly changing HR environment
- Experience using Workday HCM and Workday reporting
- HR Business process design, improvement projects and testing experience required
- A drive to find the best answer in the most efficient way
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.