HR Risk & Controls Advisor - HR Project Management Office (PMO)
New York, NY
Posted May 24, 2023 - Requisition No. 116474
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
Our Team – HR Project Management Office (PMO) is responsible for overall strategy and management of HR initiatives, which include cross-functional HR programs that impact the department’s operational and technical excellence. The team is the glue that brings together the broader HR strategy, delivering transformational initiatives and driving consistent project governance, and risk mitigation. We break down silos, maintain accountability and deploy our resources with intention.
In this critical role – you will be responsible for developing and implementing the HR risk strategy and program. You will advise stakeholders as it relates to Human Resources risk and controls, ensure appropriate governance within our Human Resources Risk Framework, and provide guidance and hands-on support to the business as it relates to control automation and system security.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design, implement and oversee an HR risk and audit program for key process areas that identify and test risks and internal controls
- Act as advisor to business partners in assessing risk and defining appropriate mitigation controls through activities including development of Risk and Controls Matrices (RACMs), process flow mapping, implementing automation opportunities, and refinement of controls.
- Maintain existing control and governance structure, ensuring it is effective and operating efficient
- Work closely with the business and Risk Management Office to assess risk and develop controls and mitigation strategies for process areas
- Align HR training to support our control and governance priorities
- Partner with technology and operational scrum teams to ensure risk and controls are considered as changes occur in people, process, and technology
- Perform audit test steps on high-risk areas and supervise audit activities and controls conducted by various HR functions
- Oversee control-related aspects of process changes and improvement, technology upgrades and new technology implementations, while ensuring that the control structure remains effective as the organization changes
You’ll need to have:
- At least 7 years of prior experience in Risk Management, preferably managing Finance or Human Resources processes
- A strong ability to adapt and respond positively to changing business needs and work responsibilities, while maintaining composure in highly stressful, ever-changing environments
- Ability to proactively identify areas of risk across HR processes and influence senior stakeholders
- Experience creating and delivering projects from start to finish
- Strong collaboration, communication, and negotiation skills to gain consensus among peers, management, and process owners
- Ability to provide credible challenge to management with respect to applicable risks and sufficiency of control design
- Excellent reporting, documentation, and time management skills
We'd love to see:
- Prior experience in HR Technologies, specifically Workday, PeopleSoft and/or Avature
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is committed to diversity! It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 175,000 - 200,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus