HR Technology Product Owner
New York, NY
Posted Oct 24, 2022 - Requisition No. 110722
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech break through; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
The mission of Bloomberg's Human Resources Technology Solutions (HRTS) is to provide engaging employee experiences via innovative technology solutions that meet the needs of the business and to promote greater efficiencies and self-service. From user experience, automation, and efficient processing, we use and provide these solutions in a creative, unique, cost-effective and scalable way. We challenge and support each other in partnership with other HR partners to support Bloomberg’s 20,000 employees collectively in more than 150 locations day in and day out.
What’s the role?
We are currently seeking a dynamic Product Owner to join our HR Technology team, specializing in core HR Infrastructure & Security for the Bloomberg Terminal. You will be joining an ambitious Bloomberg team focused on reimagining the employee’s user experience for core internal functions, collaborating with Engineering to design, upgrade, and maintain system integrity and integrations, and utilizing technology to support key HR and employee workflows. You'll be a key member of our team and instrumental to the overall vision of the role that technology plays within the HR space at Bloomberg.
We'll trust you to:
- Be the Product Owner and become the subject matter expert for core HR internal systems and functions
- Manage and lead a variety of HR and company initiatives, including requirements gathering, planning, resourcing, testing, project delivery, documentation, etc.
- Identify, research, and troubleshoot open business and system related issues as needed, while developing a deep understanding of the complete process and data flow between Workday, Bloomberg Terminal functions, and other interconnected systems
- Be innovative and consistently develop new ideas to further enhance and improve our systems and workflows
- Optimize the overall Bloomberg terminal end user and admin experience throughout the employee life cycle: hires, transfers, and terminations
- Cultivate executive and end-user relationships by building strong working connections with HR, Engineering, and Business stakeholders
- Be a self-starter, team player and a trusted advisor, partner, and advocate for our stakeholders, and provide the highest level of customer support via internal ticketing system, jira, and all other standard forms of communication and interaction
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ combined years of Human Resources, Project Management, Product Owner experience and/or Cross Application Product Management
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to adapt to various audiences
- Strong customer-focus and consultative approach when collaborating and communicating with internal stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, follow-through on both verbal and written instructions
- A preference for working with collaborative and creative teams where you will naturally share ideas
- Great analytical skills and creative problem solving, showing ability to trace root-causes, collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a high speed and entrepreneurial environment
- Ability and flexibility to multitask, prioritize, and organize multiple projects/tasks concurrently while meeting required deadlines
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required. Visio or other flow applications a plus)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime, please have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 150,000 - 175,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus