Head of Client Services
New York, NY
Posted Nov 9, 2018 - Requisition No. 71911
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard and we work fast, moving markets and chronicling the rise and fall of the people who make them. We are known for our quality, accuracy, and ability to deliver news and data investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Tic Toc to New Economy Forum to transforming our Commercial model.
We have expanded our commercial business beyond media advertising sales to offer a full range of agency services from strategy to creative, content, communications and in-market activations. We are looking for an ambitious, customer-service oriented individual who can help build the Account Management department, including client and project management across media and agency services.
The Head of Client Services will direct the client work from sale to execution and optimization. As the primary client partner post-sale, you will work with the client and the internal team to ensure we are meeting the client’s needs and expectations, and delivering work that is on strategy, time and budget. To be successful, you will need to orchestrate our diverse talent and capabilities to achieve extraordinary work.
Building a high performance team will be essential for success. You will develop the talent on the team, and further define the role within the context of our organization. As this is a new role, you will build the processes and documents for effective and efficient work delivery. You will report directly to the Head of Commercial Operations and Marketing Services for Bloomberg Media Group
We’ll trust you to:
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Research and Insights, Media Planning, Strategy, Creative, Ad Operations, Event and Editorial, and Events
- Ensure client success: Serve as internal advocate for the client
- Define roles, responsibilities, priorities, and timelines with cross-functional team on behalf of client
- Manage project meetings, schedules, milestones, and delivery; solve for issues that may arise
- Own presentations, updates, and communication to internal team and clients
- Provide strategic and operational support across the team as needed
- Build a strong working knowledge of Bloomberg tools and assets
You’ll need to have:
- Preferred 5-7+ years at an agency or media company in account management, project management, or other relevant role.
- Demonstrated track record of success
- Excellence in project management, problem solving, and consensus building
- Excellent verbal communication skills and maturity around senior leaders
- Quick study, with strong sense of curiosity and a desire to learn
- Entrepreneurial and bold in thinking and action
- High productivity; able to make significant progress with limited oversight and direction day-to-day
- High-energy and be hard-working, with a positive attitude
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment with frequent changes in priorities
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.