Bloomberg Media’s overall strategy is to be the leading, next-generation media company for global business by creating a portfolio of digitally-led, multi-platform brands that broaden Bloomberg’s core audience beyond its traditional finance roots, towards global business.
Bloomberg Businessweek is at the centerpiece of that strategy. The brand carries the DNA of Bloomberg News – factual, reliable, credible, authoritative, lightning-fast journalism at a global scale and of Businessweek - with the hallmark design and deep, insightful, sharp reporting.
Bloomberg Media has already achieved strong growth in overall revenue across multiple platforms including TV, digital, radio, and event sponsorships. A key focus area for 2017 is on scaling readership and revenue from Bloomberg’s print subscription products – including Bloomberg Businessweek, Briefs, and Markets magazines.
Scope and Impact of the Role
We are seeking a proven, highly-motivated marketing leader to lead global acquisition efforts for the consumer subscription business. This individual will mentor a team of 4 marketing professionals and oversee acquisition activities across North America, Europe, and Asia. He/she will be focused on driving growth in the paid subscriber base by developing and implementing innovative strategies to drive brand awareness, buzz, and ultimately conversions for our print magazine products.
- Oversee marketing efforts for our print subscription products across all consumer channels including paid and organic search, display media, affiliate marketing, social, direct mail, email, events, partnerships, and Bloomberg-owned platforms (.com, terminal, radio, TV)
- Continuously identify, assess, and prioritize opportunities to test new channels and partnerships to expand our brand reach and relevance to new, untapped audiences.
- Partner with our social team to develop a robust social media strategy to engage prospects at the top of the funnel and continue to nurture and convert them into paid subscribers.
- Leveraging industry-wide best practices to continuously A/B test new messaging, creative, customer journeys, etc. to increase conversion rates.
- Analyze all touch points across the customer journey and review/revise positioning and messaging to clearly communicate the value of being a customer.
- Develop a robust pricing and intro offer strategy to find the optimal pricing to maximize revenue and profitability.
- Leverage new capabilities to implement more sophisticated targeting and segmentation
- Routinely execute thorough source analysis across all channels, ensuring we allocate investments to the highest ROI opportunities.
- 7+ years of acquisition experience, with a focus in digital marketing, audience development, and analytics
- A track record of developing and executing a comprehensive customer acquisition strategy
- Mastery of social platforms and a point of view on how social is evolving for different audience segments
- A strong understanding of how media is consumed in today’s world and how we can create added value to drive engagement with our products
- Prior experience creating and implementing disruptive marketing programs to drive brand differentiation and break through the clutter
- A highly analytical thinker balanced with strong creative skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to successfully partner with multiple stakeholders
- Experienced, compassionate, and caring people leader
- An entrepreneurial mind-set and flexible team player
- Prior experience in media or a subscription business is a plus
- MBA Preferred