Head of Acquisition Media
New York, NY
Posted Oct 10, 2022 - Requisition No. 110174
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning TV, digital, print, radio and live events across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Bloomberg Quicktake to Bloomberg Green, Bloomberg New Economy, our rapidly growing consumer subscription business, and much more.
We’re seeking a highly motivated marketing leader to join our Consumer Marketing team as Head of Acquisition Media. Reporting to our Director of Global Paid Media, you’ll lead acquisition/subscription growth initiatives across paid media channels. You’ll work with partners across the company to design innovative marketing strategies. You will also lead our media agency and collaborate with MarTech platforms to scale winning strategies and accelerate business growth.
The right person for this role will be a marketing athlete with deep expertise in acquisition campaigns across paid media channels. You’ll be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and skilled at balancing multiple priorities. You are a creative, innovative problem solver who leads with insights derived from data. You’ve had experience in performance or growth marketing and have a personal interest in news and current events. You’re always on top of the latest digital trends and bring new ideas to the table.
We’ll trust you to:
- Own paid media’s acquisition campaign performance trends and insights
- Ability to tie back paid media performance to the broader Consumer Marketing business objectives
- Develop and execute acquisition media strategy across paid media channels
- Identify ways for paid media to contribute to integrated marketing campaigns focused on driving subscription growth
- Support media attribution and tracking initiatives
- Oversee project management and timelines for channel need and priorities
- Collaborate closely internal cross-functional marketing teams (lifecycle, brand, pricing, product) to facilitate cross-channel learning and unlock growth opportunities
- Drive acquisition test and learn strategies and apply campaigns learnings to growth strategy
- Stay on-top of industry trends and best practices, ensuring channel strategy is leveraging the most up to date technology and platform capabilities
- Use your technical expertise to translate complex data into actionable insights and strategies
- Ability to communicate media strategies to leadership and internal stakeholders
- Adapt, learn quickly and be inventive
- Manage third-party agency and vendor relationships
- 4+ years proven experience in digital marketing, specifically paid media channels and acquisition campaigns. Media agency experience preferred
- Experience in performance campaigns tied to ROAS and revenue
- Experience in running mobile app campaigns
- Tight-knit collaboration skills and ability to lead multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Consistent track record of driving growth
- Deep understanding of the paid media landscape, industry trends, regulatory environment, and marketing measurement/attribution
- Solid analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to interpret and leverage data to illustrate impact and drive decision making.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to craft a story and represent it to leaders, team members, and outside agencies
You’ll need to have:
If this sounds like you:
Apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 120,000 - 135,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus