Head of Audience Development
New York, NY
Posted Feb 13, 2020 - Requisition No. 81321
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy to Bloomberg Green.
Are you fascinated by content and how it captures the imagination and attention of consumers?
We are looking for a Head of Audience Development who will be responsible for developing a best-in-class distribution strategy for commercial content. This person will be a critical partner to our Ad Sales, Editorial, Client Services and Creative teams to ensure the continued growth and commercialization of our social offerings and off-platform reach. A strong candidate will also have a keen understanding of what makes social content compelling, and an ability to create and tell stories.
We’ll trust you to:
- Focus on audience growth across all Bloomberg Media Group commercial audience touch points, including but not limited to social media, SEO, newsletters, third-party distributors and partnerships
- Oversee a team that handles paid social campaign setup and implementation (predominantly on Facebook), strategy and publishing for a portfolio of social media accounts as well as the development of new social ad products
- Evaluate performance of ongoing campaigns and recommend optimizations as needed to maximize client investment
- Analyze post-campaign performance to provide client-friendly reports and recommendations for future initiatives
- Work closely with our Ad Sales, Editorial, Creative, Client Services and Planning & Campaign -Management teams — among others — to connect our work to audiences everywhere
- Ensure our Creative and Client Services teams are up to speed on distribution best practices to create the most compelling and engaging custom content programs
- Be laser focused on KPIs and bring analytical rigor to our custom content operation
- Stay current on evolving and emerging social media platforms, distribution tactics and first-to-market opportunities
You'll need to have:
- 10 years of audience development or paid media experience
- Experience managing and building a high-performing team
- Deep understanding of audience behavior, engagement strategies and platform best practices, both traditional and emerging
- Expertise leveraging Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, ChartBeat, YouTube Analytics and similar tools to develop insights and optimization recommendations
- Ability to build client and vendor relationships
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once, with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to accurately and concisely share ideas, objectives and results with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with limited guidance
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.