Head of CABM Product
New York, NY
Posted Jun 4, 2021 - Requisition No. 91236
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're all about capturing, analyzing and enriching data that our customers depend on.
The Content Acquisition and Business Management (CABM) team is on the front line. We work hard to support and grow the preeminent platform for thousands of data contributors to deliver their over-the-counter prices, research and alternative data to hundreds of thousands of customers around the globe. Our diverse global team of project managers, data analysts, product managers and data engineers collaborate with teams across Bloomberg to expand and improve our content and grow our business.
We’re looking for an experienced product leader, with a history of building and growing product teams, to lead the CABM department’s product initiatives and collaborate closely with the department head and group heads to shape and deliver on the overall strategy and vision for the Bloomberg Contributions business. You understand what it takes to deliver a portfolio of products that deliver to measurable business objectives, use qualitative and quantitative customer insights, and be able to work effectively with stakeholders across the entire organization. You are passionate about the opportunity to grow and shape Bloomberg’s platform for contributed data to solve for new client problems and help advance Bloomberg’s many businesses into the future.
We’ll trust you to:
- Mentor and coach a global team of product managers
- Define and drive the product vision and strategy for CABM
- Serve as a focal point for partnership across CABM, Global Data, Engineering and other business lines to achieve improvements in Bloomberg’s businesses
- Lead the product management team by example with the best product management techniques
- Have a strong iterative and experimental mindset that focuses on fast continuous delivery of sustained value
- Stay aware of the latest developments in the product management field, and introduce new techniques to improve the team’s effectiveness
You’ll need to have:
- Exceptional product management skills, from product discovery to delivery
- 3+ years’ experience of product management
- Relentless passion for playing to win and pushing the envelope, even if it means going against past best practices
- Track record of sustained product delivery that achieved results against measurable business goals
- Proven ability to mentor and coach team members and where necessary engage in performance management
- Exceptional communication skills, both in writing and verbally, with experience and tact communicating to all stakeholders, including senior management
- Ability to craft a cohesive and compelling product vision and strategy, uniting disparate stakeholders and a team of product managers around clear objectives for business success
- Be an exceptionally fast learner, able to understand multiple content sets and businesses at different stages of development
We would love to see:
- Strong knowledge of buyside and data contributor workflows
- Knowledge of OTC pricing and investment research content
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.