Head of Client Services
New York, NY
Posted Apr 9, 2019 - Requisition No. 74544
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from TicToc to New Economy to transforming our commercial model.
We have expanded our commercial business beyond media advertising sales to offer a full range of agency services from strategy to creative, content, communications and in-market activations. Now, we are looking for an ambitious, customer-service oriented leader to manage a team that oversees a range of cross-platform, cross-discipline programs from presale through to post sale, as well as to define and socialize account management best practices.
You need to have a strong command of our full suite of services and products in order to help make the right recommendations to our clients at the right time to drive revenue growth. We’re looking for someone who will be viewed by our clients as an extension of their own team: someone who truly understands their business and continually adds strategic value.
You will be someone who isn’t afraid to work tirelessly to find new, creative ways to help our clients and to unite various teams to achieve these goals — and report directly to the Global Head of Marketing & Client Services.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Strategy, Creative, Data Science and Insight, Media Planning, Editorial and Events, among others
- Ensure we are meeting — and exceeding — client expectations
- Build strong, trusting relationships and own communications with clients, agencies and colleagues across different departments
- Collaborate with appropriate teams to identify upsell opportunities and help pitch clients on new engagements
- Manage cross-functional teams to deliver work that is on strategy, time and budget
- Ensure teams are updating internal systems with required project updates
- Consult on proposals to ensure work incorporates past program learnings and is properly scoped
- Partner with Finance and various project teams to ensure healthy margins on programs
- Manage and mentor team on all aspects of marketing
- Stay current on how our media business and the larger marketplace are evolving
- Build a strong working knowledge of the Bloomberg Media ecosystem
You’ll need to have:
- 10+ years experience in an account management, business development or integrated production role at an agency or digital-first media company
- A track record of building and leading high-performing teams
- Experience driving results and growth in line with company objectives and goals
- Proven success launching large-scale, integrated campaigns
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, negotiation, problem-solving and time management skills
- Broad understanding of media and marketing trends, as well as their impact on business strategies
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with limited guidance
- Strong presentation skills; proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint/Keynote
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.