Who we are:
Bloomberg connects influential decision makers in business, finance and government to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. In the Corporate Communications team, we reinforce Bloomberg Editorial's smart, fact-based, fair and balanced journalism and also elevate Bloomberg Media as a creative and leading global business and finance media organization. We do that by engaging with external media and influencers, building third party relationships and through employee communications.
What's the opportunity?
We are seeking an experienced PR Manager to join as Head of Communications for Bloomberg Editorial, based in New York. This is an opportunity to thrive in a dynamic and multi-faceted role, owning global communications strategy for Bloomberg Editorial's six content pillars - business, finance, markets, economics, technology and power (politics and government). You'll help elevate Bloomberg Businessweek as a brand across multiple platforms, including live events. On any given day, you will use your deep understanding of consumer-facing media relations, as well as your experience with trade press, corporate communications and issues management to succeed in this role.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with the Editor-in-Chief of Bloomberg Editorial, as well as the Editors and Managing Editors of Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets to develop an integrated global communications strategy and PR programs for Bloomberg News.
- Lead, develop and coach a small team of Bloomberg News brand marketers (based in New York and DC) and handle an outside PR agency.
- Collaborate closely with Bloomberg Media communications teams in the U.S. and around the world, as well as social, events and video teams.
- Lead both the consumer and trade media strategy for Bloomberg News across all platforms, as well as breaking news outreach.
- Manage high profile relationships with key journalists and partners both proactively and reactively.
- Develop thought leadership opportunities for C-suite, identify speaking engagements and handle awards submissions.
- Manage crisis communications around Bloomberg News.
- Lead media strategy for key Bloomberg Businessweek events, driving press coverage pre-launch, during the event, and post launch. Offer support for Bloomberg Media's Bloomberg Live global events.
- Be tech and social media savvy, multi-task, handle volumes of information, work under deadlines and respond to breaking news.
You'll need to have:
- 10-15 years of working experience in corporate and consumer public relations. A background in media or publishing would be a plus.
- Experience managing teams (talent management, performance management) and stakeholder/relationship management experience in a PR / Communications environment.
- Excellent verbal, editing and writing skills.
- Deep network of industry and press contacts across consumer and trade media.
- Shown experience in issues and change management.
- Maturity and ability to work well with senior executives, top business leaders, and newsmakers.
- Ability and flexibility to multitask, prioritize, and organize multiple projects/tasks concurrently while meeting required deadlines.
You'll need to be:
- Commercial, attentive to details, inventive, responsible and have strong work ethic.
- A standout colleague with a can-do attitude.
- Curious and up-to-date on current events.
Does this sound like you?
If so, apply today. Please attach work samples for our review. If we believe you're a match, we'll get in touch with you soon about next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.