Head of Customer Success
New York, NY
Posted Sep 27, 2018 - Requisition No. 69654
Bloomberg Media’s overall strategy is to be the leading, next-generation media company for global business by creating a portfolio of digitally led, multi-platform brands that broaden Bloomberg’s core audience beyond its traditional finance roots, towards global business.
Bloomberg Digital (Bloomberg.com, Bloomberg News App) is at the centerpiece of that strategy - providing factual, credible, authoritative, lightning-fast journalism for a global business audience.
In May 2018, we launched a paywall on both Bloomberg.com and the app and are quickly working to build a growing paid subscriber base. A key focus area for 2018 and beyond will be to continue to attract and retain subscribers, while providing the premium customer experience that is a hallmark of the Bloomberg brand.
The Head of Customer Success- will serve as the voice of the customer, leading the customer experience across all servicing touch points including online, phone, chat, and email. We have built a small, internal customer service program and you will be responsible for scaling that program -- building a growing team of customer service representatives (CSRs), launching new servicing channels, and building out tools & systems to empower CSRs to provide world-class-service.
We'll trust you to:
- Launch and lead end-to-end management of a multi-touch, customer-servicing program (online, phone, chat, email)
- Define talent profile & lead recruiting/training of CSRs
- Launch and manage tools (customer management platform, promotional pricing offers, etc.) to empower CSRs to achieve desired business goals i.e. minimize customer churn
- Partner with product & engineering to build a robust online self-servicing portal, allowing customers to utilize the servicing channel of their choice
- Map out the customer journey across all servicing touch points and find opportunities to improve/optimize the customer experience
- Build a "delighter" strategy -- mapping out opportunities to create memorable moments and deepen brand engagement throughout the servicing experience
- Measure effectiveness of customer service programs through critical metrics, dashboards and operational reviews; Build-out reporting and define key customer service KPIs
- Serve as the "voice of the customer" -- being well versed on customer pain points and needs and ensuring the customer experience is top of mind in key business decisions
- Collaborate with other internal Bloomberg servicing teams (terminal sales and servicing) to disseminate meaningful training materials & communicate any changes in strategic direction
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of customer service experience, preferably from a brand recognized for best-in-class servicing
- Prior experience leading multi-channel servicing programs, with previous phone/call center experience required
- Passion for the customer, balanced with operational experience & a data-driven mindset
- Strong communication & relationship building skills, with the ability to successfully partner with multiple stakeholders across the organization
- Critical thinker with experience solving customer issues of a technical nature and desire to have a deep understanding of the product.
- An entrepreneurial mind-set and flexible team player
- Experience using Salesforce or other customer management platforms desired
- Undergraduate degree required/MBA preferred
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.