Head of Diversity & Inclusion - Americas
New York, NY
Posted Mar 12, 2021 - Requisition No. 89503
Bloomberg drives disruptive innovation and breakthrough performance by embracing diversity in all its forms and all its nuances. We strive to create a culture that values difference, champions inclusion and promotes collaboration to drive business results. We work across regions to ensure that we're addressing local priorities consistent with local cultures.
As our global client base becomes increasingly diverse, our focus on diversity and inclusion helps us stay attuned to our clients’ rich and varied cultures, norms and business practices.
We’re thought-leaders and change-agents. We bring best-of thinking in the D&I space to our colleagues, business and external partners. We challenge the organization to think differently about top talent. We ensure that the right programs, data and policies are in place to encourage an inclusive environment. From recruitment programs to employee awareness and company policies, we’re putting systems in place to promote and maintain equality. And to move us ever closer to our goal: creating a global workplace that accurately reflects the world we live in.
What’s the role?
We’re looking for an established leader to help advance the company’s global D&I initiatives across the Americas region. We want you to serve as a thought partner and leader on the strategy and vision for Diversity and Inclusion in the business. You're a creative and ambitious individual who will design, drive and deliver strategic deliverables across the region. You understand that partnering with business leaders to drive a more diverse organization takes a lot of work, and you’re excited for that challenge. You know the importance of strategic investment with key organizations who will help Bloomberg to find the best and brightest diverse talent in a competitive market. You bring a deep dedication to building an inclusive workforce, person by person and team by team.
You have strong subject matter expertise, are diligent to detail with excellent prioritization skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Drive projects and initiatives as a self-starter with a strong client relationship focus and outstanding critical thinking and communication skills
- Co-develop the strategy and vision for D&I in the Americas, and translate enterprise wide strategies into a regional action plan
- Provide deep validated experience, thought leadership, advice, coaching, solutions and consultation to HRBP’s business leaders, D&I champions and the regional Diversity Council
- Formulate and execute innovative and customized enterprise-wide or department-specific diversity strategies and tactics that result in driving action and change in the organization
- Analyze employment activities such as applicant flow, new hires, terminations, transfers, and promotions to identify potential areas of focus and other opportunities to promote diversity initiatives
- Partner with senior business leaders to integrate D&I into business, employment and workplace practices
- Stay up-to-date with regulatory and policy developments affecting D&I and its implications for Bloomberg
- Collaborate with colleagues across all HR functions, working closely with the HR business partners and teams to improve our organization’s environment and to ensure effective execution of the D&I business agenda
- Conduct ongoing research on demographic trends and practices, identifying and recommending strategies for improving our efforts through innovative and solution focused ideas that you turn into actions
- Develop your team to enhance expertise providing ongoing mentorship and leadership
- Represent D&I and Bloomberg at internal and external speaking events, client and partner engagements and continue to develop external partnerships
You'll need to have:
- Proven experience within the Diversity & Inclusion space, with a portion of that in a regional D&I leadership role Previous experience leading and developing a team
- Leadership experience; you know how to influence people to get things done in an unstructured and ambiguous setting and you naturally gain consensus along the way because people love working with you
- A solid external D&I network
- Outstanding communication, presentation, storytelling and interpersonal skills
- Experience in analysing and interpreting numerical data, and translating analysis into meaningful recommendations and solutions
- Experience within a global, matrix environment
- Hands-on experience leading and being accountable for high-impact, large-scale D&I initiatives
We’d Love to See:
- Experience managing a team of at least 6 people
- A minimum of 3 years management experience
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.