Head of Group Subscription Sales, Bloomberg Media Group
New York, NY
Posted Dec 13, 2018 - Requisition No. 72505
The energy of a newsroom. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. Bloomberg Media is looking for a digitally savvy business operator to grow and develop Bloomberg Media’s digital subscription business. As we continue to scale we’re looking for a sales leader that can own our group subscriptions go-to-market strategy, drive sales with the c-suite at large companies, and collaborate across Bloomberg LP to best represent the company’s full suite of world-class intelligent products. In this role, you will work with Bloomberg Media senior leadership and leaders of functional groups including Editorial, Digital, Finance, International and other functional leaders across Bloomberg. Reporting to the Global Head of Consumer Marketing and Subscriptions, you will have a proven track record of success selling subscriptions or a similar business model, a strong network of contacts, and an ability to help build a premier sales operation.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop and execute a group subscriptions go-to-market sales strategy for large enterprises globally
- Drive the expansion of the Bloomberg Digital subscription product and Bloomberg Media brand through creative selling by bundling products with other Bloomberg products
- Cross-sell existing Bloomberg clients in education, law, government and many others.
- Evolve the group subscription value proposition based on market feedback to maximize customer value
You'll need to have:
- 10+ years of sales experience with a proven track record of sourcing, building and growing accounts
- Experience negotiating and operating deals globally
- A keen understanding of the media, news, and subscription landscape, as well as established relationships within research and intelligence driven companies
- Ability to Prioritize, set-up for success /scale….ie grow with us
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - the ability to work closely with senior leaders at Bloomberg and with high-level clients
- Operationally proficient with ability to handle complex processes involving multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership skills with analytical, creative, and strategic talent that can effectively communicate, motivate, and inspire cross-functional teams
- Superior problem solving and organizational skills; and an ability to conceptualize, prioritize, and run multiple projects
- Bachelor's Degree required; ((MBA preferred))
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status